• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Insanely high-res HL2 texture pack

inotocracy

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
5,625
dling it, but those screenshots dont look any different than max settings at 1920x1200 to me..
 
The amount of new textures will tax your hardware to the limit. Better don't use this pack with outdated DirectX8 cards. Don't even think about it, unless you are using
a 256+MB card.
Damn, I really wanted to try this with my 6800, as it looks pretty sweet.
 
Im pretty sure this would kill my machine at 1920x1200. In some shots, I can't tell the difference though and I sure as hell aint gonna enjoy the game getting killed in 5 hits.
 
Niiice.....I cant wait to try this out. Though its quite the hefty file at almost 800 Megs.
 
How do you think my rig would handle these?
Opty 146
7800gt at 1920 x 1200
2 gig pc 3200 ram

edit. reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether its worth downloading on my 56k (as it would be pretty taxing!!)
 
Oooo, 800MB on 56k, ouch. Loking at your specs, I would hope it runs damn well, otherwise I'm going to game on consoles from now on. :eek:

If you look at the screenshot comparisons, there are some pretty detailed changes from lores to hires. Some of the stuff just seems to have been made 'dirtier'

If you don't like the weapons changes you can delete the skill.cfg file from the mods folder to return the balance to normal. They detail it in the readme.


Edit: I can copy this to a CD and mail it to you saber, it should get there in the same amount of time it would take you to download it! ;)
 
Thank you for the link!!

I am psyked, I haven't even beaten HL2 yet! Damn CS:S :p

Anyone seen any Hi res pack for CS:S that is compatable with the new updates?
 
Did I see something saying that you need to have a res of at least 1600x1200 to really make the hi-res textures stand out?
 
saber07 said:
How do you think my rig would handle these?
Opty 146
7800gt at 1920 x 1200
2 gig pc 3200 ram

edit. reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether its worth downloading on my 56k (as it would be pretty taxing!!)

I'm in the same boat as you man, all this power but a piece of crap internet connection. I have to prioritize my downloads :mad:
 
Wow, this would be really cool if HL2 (or any other source game for that matter) decides to play on my computer ever again... :mad:
 
I wonder if it will kill the FPS a Lot if I convert. I currently have everything on High 1600X1200 no AA
 
ValeX said:
Uhhh, judging by those screenshots....the faces actually look _really_ messed up, i mean like.....seriously uglified.....maybe it looks better in-game, but im not gonna waste that much time dl-ing and find out that it looks dumb.....as for the walls and buildings and stuff, it actually has an incredible improvement i must say...but the faces are turning me off of this one.....just my 2 cents.


ValeX

I tried it out and the main characters look amazing. The random characters here and there look better than they did, but not much of an improvement. They didn't mess up the npcs, don't worry.
 
Kahnvex said:
Oooo, 800MB on 56k, ouch. Loking at your specs, I would hope it runs damn well, otherwise I'm going to game on consoles from now on. :eek:

If you look at the screenshot comparisons, there are some pretty detailed changes from lores to hires. Some of the stuff just seems to have been made 'dirtier'

If you don't like the weapons changes you can delete the skill.cfg file from the mods folder to return the balance to normal. They detail it in the readme.


Edit: I can copy this to a CD and mail it to you saber, it should get there in the same amount of time it would take you to download it! ;)
:( I know. Although, I am fixing to move into the city in a few months so hopefully cable internet in a few months.
 
Guys there is another patch that just updates the faces and characters to Hi-res, not the environment and milk cartons everywhere (most beautiful trash I've ever seen in a screenshot).

I got that ran fine on my rig at 1680 x 1050
x800 xt pe
amd 64 3000+
abit kv8 pro
1 gig value ram

Have to say...fucking amazing. It IS a difference, the facial hair on Gabe, the wrinkles in Dr. Kleiner....definately worth it and I think anyone who can run HL 2 to run well should get it....

I should say it didn't run completely well on my rig because my directx is screwed up and I am thread plugging so go read it and help me out
 
saber07 said:
How do you think my rig would handle these?
Opty 146
7800gt at 1920 x 1200
2 gig pc 3200 ram

edit. reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether its worth downloading on my 56k (as it would be pretty taxing!!)

good lord, what the hell are you doing using a computer like that with a 56k connection? thats like owning a lambo and being confined to 25mph zones.
 
Thermite Paste said:
hehe, im gonna try it on my rig.

LOL Report in when your done experimenting :)

I am going to wait for my sound card to arrive before I mess around with HQ anything.
 
it's a man, baby!

6


I'd say 70% of this mod looks amazing, the other 30% looks like an amateur textured it. Alyx in particular looks like a fear model.
 
Isaacav2 said:
Thank you for the link!!

I am psyked, I haven't even beaten HL2 yet! Damn CS:S :p

Anyone seen any Hi res pack for CS:S that is compatable with the new updates?

Theres a High-res hostage pack runnin around somewhere, lemme know if you want it, it uses the faces from FakeFactorys pack
 
BronxBartoni said:
Theres a High-res hostage pack runnin around somewhere, lemme know if you want it, it uses the faces from FakeFactorys pack

I'm not much of a fan for CS type maps, more of a DE guy myself. Do you know if there are Higher quality models than the 2 per team that is offered by default?
 
I've got a 6800 GT 256MB, and HL2 is like Skippy Gonzales as it is. I don't think I need any higher-res textures... :rolleyes:
 
fat_al said:
I've got a 6800 GT 256MB, and HL2 is like Skippy Gonzales as it is. I don't think I need any higher-res textures... :rolleyes:

HL2 should run more than fine on your system... what kind of settings are you using?
 
fat_al said:
I've got a 6800 GT 256MB, and HL2 is like Skippy Gonzales as it is. I don't think I need any higher-res textures... :rolleyes:

If you are using onboard audio, set your sound quality to low, or buy a new soundcard. Its not your graphic card that is holding you back, that is for sure.
 
Isaacav2 said:
If you are using onboard audio, set your sound quality to low, or buy a new soundcard. Its not your graphic card that is holding you back, that is for sure.

I think he meant speedy gonzales....unless he meant to avoid copyright issues ;)
 
Orange.exe said:
I think he meant speedy gonzales....unless he meant to avoid copyright issues ;)

Neeh... I think he ment skippy as in the audio. I get 80 FPS but laggy sound when I use my onboard audio.
 
CKMorpheus said:
Let's see some shots!
well, i put it on my system, and i have to say the difference is amazing. The only thing is, load times are horrible, and every once in a while my game just locks up. I have a few good screenshots though:














 
I just started playing it, I think its a great mod, suprised nobody has mentioned the better audio files that get installed too, combined with the visual it makes for a new atmopshere, much more intense.....I"m gonna have to play this game again!

It's played ok so far on my system, between BF2 and this...I'm gonna have to finally order that other gig of ram I've been icthing for.
 
RoffleCopter said:
Those are some really good looking shots.

What were your image quality settings?
1280 x 1024, high everything, full hdr, 2x aa and 4x af.
 
Back
Top