Insane router cooling!

Hey, I figure if you're going to do it, do it in excess and beyond all reason.......

Why the hell not? haha, sure it's not convenient and probably could've been done a little better, but that's what modding it all about :D

i don´t think that´s overkill, those things can get pretty hot ! ouch! :p

He needs beer and women. Dismantling the router and installing a huge cooler is nigh on anti-social.

That is pretty nerdy, but I bet its a damn good idea. My router gets hot, and its not half as fast as that model. I have had routers crash before because they would overheat.

i have seen a WCed router next to a WC Xbox 360.... it ran off the same loop...

it was cool, ill see if i can find a pic i took of it

all i can say is damn. you got to be kidding me. Are you serious???

WHY?

and best of all why to a cheap ass d-link

That is one of the nicer faster routers out there. not a cheap D-Link and i believe those are quite pricey.

For what it's worth I've done something similar, although not nearly as extreme, to an old Linksys 8port GigE switch. It had a fan in it that was driving me bonkers so I pulled an aluminum heatsink from an old Pentium 2 and dropped it on there, works like a champ.

ok what do you guys think? i've got a 2stage cascade coming in in about a month, will it even be possible to cool a similar router? probably not due to cold bug. but it would be nice to try :D

OK i have to say if you water cool it that would be cool. But also at the same time why in the hell would you do it to a D-Link?

And I add my Vote to:
You Need to get LAID+3

Back