Insane overheating problems

PoW

Limp Gawd
Insane overheating problems are driving me nuts, I have all the latest drivers yet my system alarms set at 80deg C go off after 30 minutes or so of gameplay. I HAVE A BLOODY KOOLANCE system to top it off. Nothing is overclocked, voltages are at stock. The only thing i could think of is that the waterblock must not be mounted fully but i doubt that. Lord somebody please suggest something :rolleyes:

two things i can think of on top of my head at 12 at nite. i 1 is water block not seated right and 2 theres air somewhere in the system and water is not flowing correctly. did you bleed the system?

I'm pretty confident the koolance itself is in good shape, I just installed a waterblock on my gpu and that may have something to do with it. Im planning to remount my cpu waterblock after classes today and see if that helps.

it seems that you pump may have some difficulty pumping the water after the GPU block installed. try higher power water pump.

OR try remove the GPU block from the loop. see if it overheats

Ya I was considering the GPU thing like i mentioned above, It is a koolance system though and all it has on it now are the two waterblocks (cpu & gpu). Pump appears to be working fine, I just find it odd that there would be an actual mechanical issue with the koolance system. Im not gonna have a chance to open it up tonight but tomorrow I'll report back.

PoW said:
Ya I was considering the GPU thing like i mentioned above, It is a koolance system though and all it has on it now are the two waterblocks (cpu & gpu). Pump appears to be working fine, I just find it odd that there would be an actual mechanical issue with the koolance system. Im not gonna have a chance to open it up tonight but tomorrow I'll report back.
\

Silly question, but did you peel the clear plastic backing off of the Koolance CPU block? It's clear, so it's sometimes easy to forget, and will prevent the system from cooling well.

Matt;.

I vote for checking the seating of your CPU water block. Nothing will drive your temps that high short of not having your CPU cooler seated properly. We had to deal with that in A+ class with a finicky CPU cooler that needed to have the locking mechanism tightened to get a better seating (it needed a little more tension to get better contact). It was a cheapy cooler and a AMD Thunderbird processor. It would start redlining within 10 seconds (hot AMD processors). Once we bent the mechanism, it cooled right down the way it should. Also, make sure you didn't put to much thermal compound on the processor. Too much will kill heat transfer.

Hope this helps :) ,
Mr.Dearthian

did you clean the cpu before installing it? sometimes if you leave thermal gunk on it and just wipe off with paper towel you dotn get all the gunk and it actually acts like insulation
try taking it out cleaning it off with rubbing alchohol and reseating HSF

it seems to me that before it was fine, but the temp rises after he added another GPU block to the loop

So basically what happened was I reloaded the failsafe defaults in the bios and now the system is as stable as a rock. Of course it is not tweaked out at all which is absolutely unacceptable or fun but its not crashing randomly which is a upside.

HL2 runs incredibly well btw which was quite a nice surprise

Reseat all blocks.
Check for tubing kinks.
Make sure the pimp is working.
Make sure you took off the plastic from the bottom of both blocks.
Make sure you added a little bit of thermal paste.
See if your thermal sensor is working right somehow...

Those are all of the things I can think of off the top of my head right now.

DarkenReaper57 said:
Reseat all blocks.
Check for tubing kinks.
Make sure the pimp is working.
Make sure you took off the plastic from the bottom of both blocks.
Make sure you added a little bit of thermal paste.
See if your thermal sensor is working right somehow...

Those are all of the things I can think of off the top of my head right now.
he already solved his problem

Back