Insane display flicker with DSR.

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
So I tried to enable it in various games to see what it was like. Whenever I choose the resolution (all factors) in-game and apply, the screen starts to flicker/flash rapidly. I almost get the feeling that my monitor is trying to display a higher resolution image beyond its native capacity instead of rendering the high resolution image and then down-scaling it. This is all on the u3011 connected via display port.

Any ideas?

I haven't but honestly I have only messed with it a couple times and eventually turned it off as it makes my OSD for temps extremely tiny. I guess my only suggestion would be to try a clean install of the drivers and Geforce Experience and see if that helps. If not you can try messing with custom resolutions to ensure your display isn't trying to display something it is not able to.

I haven't but honestly I have only messed with it a couple times and eventually turned it off as it makes my OSD for temps extremely tiny. I guess my only suggestion would be to try a clean install of the drivers and Geforce Experience and see if that helps. If not you can try messing with custom resolutions to ensure your display isn't trying to display something it is not able to.

Clean install every time with DDU. The scaling and the game res seems fine when applied, it just flickers like crazy. Oh well, just will just try it later on different drivers I suppose.

chance of a defective DP cable? have another one to test with?

Why has no questioned if this could be related to SLI? After all I thought DSR was not even officially available on SLI at one time.

chance of a defective DP cable? have another one to test with?

Tested with another cable too, no luck. Definitely seems to be a software issue of some sort. Maybe to do with sli.

I've used DSR & SLI on WoW:WoD and BF4 with no flickering or other issues.

If you have your 980's overclocked. Put them at stock.

I know when my overclocks were on the verge of crashing, my screen would flicker. Not saying this is an problem, but DSR will use more GPU horsepower and memory.

If you have your 980's overclocked. Put them at stock.

I know when my overclocks were on the verge of crashing, my screen would flicker. Not saying this is an problem, but DSR will use more GPU horsepower and memory.

Did that too with no result =/. I'm going to try it on my other monitors just to eliminate a display issue.

Just tried it with MGSV Ground Zeroes and it works. HL2, BF4, Saints Row 4 etc or any other recent game, it goes crazy. arrg.

Last edited:
Fixed it. Apparently I just needed to turn SLI on and off. Seems to have reset something. Thanks for input all.

I thought BF4 had the native resolution scale option within the game without the need for DSR?

I believe you are correct, but unfortunately I didn't know that that the time I ran it with DSR.

Fixed it. Apparently I just needed to turn SLI on and off. Seems to have reset something. Thanks for input all.

Good deal. Unfortunately this happens from time to time, especially after driver updates. I usually toggle SLI and ShadowPlay and reboot a couple of times to make sure. I noticed when I had a 295X2 or two 290X cards, similar strange things happened with CrossFire.

Back