Insane Bandwidth

There were faster ones in the speedtest thread on the networking and security board

hell ill run it from a university lab tommorrow if you want speed. we are right on backbone. if i can find test site on a close network i get nutty speeds. it was great when the ww2 filesharing app worked lol, dl a dvd in no time.

With that kind of upload speed...how fast can you upload?> Also, I would like to know, like free sites like megaupload, megashares, filefront, and etc...and you were to upload a movie onto it...how fast can you upload it?

wtf? im using Road Runner 8mbps/768 but I'm only getting 3.5down and 350up. A guy came out and didnt fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Well where I am at 6Mb off a T3 would run around $5K per month. I didn't get a quote on a full T3 because we didn't need that much bandwidth at work. T3s are not cheap, but a full T3 is 45Mb both directions.

With that kind of upload speed...how fast can you upload?> Also, I would like to know, like free sites like megaupload, megashares, filefront, and etc...and you were to upload a movie onto it...how fast can you upload it?

Going based on the first pic he would upload @ about 4MBs so about 3 min to upload a 700MB movie, Which makes me want to cry..........

I'm Using Cox Cable and have a 12/1mbps connection.

102319964.png

Considering it's a 10/1 Cox Cable connection, I think I'm doing pretty well.

If you want another reason to cry: I'm paying for the 6/512K service, and I've been getting these speeds for months now. I even called twice to inform them I'm getting more speed than I'm paying for; their techs log in to my cable modem and give me a thumbs up, says it's at 6/512K where it should be, so what else can I do? :)

I made sure they noted both calls on the file so at some point in the future if they try the "Sir, we're billing you for past excessive usage over your pricing plan" crap or whatnot, I can say "I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU PEOPLE about this twice and you told me I was the one making the mistake, I'm not paying you a dime" situation. We'll see what happens, if anything ever does.

Looks like the university is doing some throttling, then again it's also the middle of the day.

Even better with speedtest.net - Xmission is the test site and less than 10 miles away.

Sweet.

Are there any non flash tests out there? This lab pc doesnt have the latest version of flash and wont let me update!

I was just on the news about my internet speed http://www.cbs13.com/video/[email protected] thats the video that was aired a few days ago. Its kinda weird being on the news about my internet speed. It was hard explaining the differences in fiber compared to dsl/cable regarding stable ping while having background transfers. The reporter had her never changing smile but I could tell she didn't quite get it. The camera man knew what I was talking about tho and seemed interested in the game I was showing them :D

speednm2.jpg

7859.png

speedif5.jpg

I was just on the news about my internet speed http://www.cbs13.com/video/[email protected] thats the video that was aired a few days ago. Its kinda weird being on the news about my internet speed. It was hard explaining the differences in fiber compared to dsl/cable regarding stable ping while having background transfers. The reporter had her never changing smile but I could tell she didn't quite get it. The camera man knew what I was talking about tho and seemed interested in the game I was showing them :D

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1899/speednm2.jpg[/ig]
[img]http://www.dslreports.com/im/24126711/7859.png[/ig]
[img]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3673/speedif5.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]

Jesus. I wish I had 260 a month to spend and lived in that small section on the map.

How old are you? And what kind of servers do you actually manage?

How old are you? And what kind of servers do you actually manage?
If you take a look in his profile, looks like he is 24. I would also like to know what kind of servers and how many you *actually* manage.

I don't mean to come out sounding like a dick here, but you made a pretty bold statement on television, now you gotta back it up in a forum full of nerds...:p

yes im 24 and I work in a datacenter in Oakland for a software company dealing with port(as in ships) technology. My job isn't a really big role in the operations of the servers I just monitor and maintain their health. as for port blocking no they don't block or traffic shape the net at all. I run game servers when I'm away and am waiting to get enough parts to setup a dedicated box for it. I don't know what was so bold about saying I manage servers its not really hard to manage them xD if anything its more hard on the developers and network guys then my job.

yes im 24 and I work in a datacenter in Oakland for a software company dealing with port(as in ships) technology. My job isn't a really big role in the operations of the servers I just monitor and maintain their health. as for port blocking no they don't block or traffic shape the net at all. I run game servers when I'm away and am waiting to get enough parts to setup a dedicated box for it. I don't know what was so bold about saying I manage servers its not really hard to manage them xD if anything its more hard on the developers and network guys then my job.

You made it seem like you were an actual system administrator rather than someone who pings boxes and checks heartbeats all day. Not that most sys admins know how to do more than that anyway. Our Unix admins can't even mount a cdrom drive and don't even know what tar is.

Actually that just the way they cut it. If you can get your hands on the raw tape I told them I basically babysit servers. They asked what that meant so I tried to explain it to them a little better. Yea our Unix boxes are pretty old HP L class setups so I'm not much for repairing them. I have enough problems dealing with the A4583 DLT library that we still use then try to figure out some of our older systems. :D The windows side is pretty new stuff tho so its easy enough to diag and fix.

So, is it just me, or did that lady keep saying MegaBIT?

So, is it 50 MegaBITs or MegaBYTE? I assume bytes since you were downloading close to that.

So, is it just me, or did that lady keep saying MegaBIT?

So, is it 50 MegaBITs or MegaBYTE? I assume bytes since you were downloading close to that.
Network traffic is measured in bits, all of the speed tests he shows are also in (mega,kilo)bits per second, not bytes. The only thing in bytes was the file download in, and that only hit at 4.15MB/s

50 megabits per second (Mbps) so ~6MB/s in optimal conditions but i've never gotten it stable over 5.5ish. I wish vistas reporting of data rates were more accurate. My old BW monitoring software dosent work in vista due to the new net code.

Were I work we use RTG for monitoring bandwidth usage. The fast polling time is helpful since we have a lot of customers (dedicated hosting and collocation)

speednm2.jpg

7859.png

speedif5.jpg

HAX

This is my gay 8 down 448 up until my 24mbit bitch becomes active in Ocober :D max throughput on my line is 7150 so I am pretty close to maxing it out tho, so atleast I am getting most of my line speed.

sucky sucky ADSL, me no love her long time :(

Back