Input/Output Swap?

VoloxitySF

Gawd
What's up everyone? I'm trying to determine if there's some kind of software that is capable of re-mapping my microphone input jack and turning it into a fully functional output. The reason I ask this is because I've accidently destroyed my output jack on my ASUS M51Sn laptop (Uses Realtek HD audio) when my AKG K701 headphone wire got wrapped around my ankle, and I got up to rush to my car... you can imagine the rest, was not good :\

I know there's USB sound cards and other various work-around fixes, but I'd much rather not have to spend any extra money if I don't have to. A decent USB sound card is ~$50+, I'd much rather fill my gas tank..

Thanks,
Nick

Well software would only be possible if both input/output were hardwired to the same chip? You would need a Realtek engineer to answer your question because it all depends on how the hardware is wired. I think the lack of answers might be the answer you need.

Personally if you don't want to spend the $50 on a USB dac, I would look at the physical condition of the jack and see if I could re-solder the connection or attach a new jack. Then again I already have the solder and tools for that. Even then my personal choice would still be to use a USB dac to not further mess up my laptop.

Back