Input on Toms Intel/AMD stress test

it is all good.
though i am an amd fan, i do not think that the constant reboots of the intel system are due to any problems with the cpu, it is just that it is extremely hot, and the retail cooler is crap.
f

yeah this stress test thing is cool, i enjoyed the last one they did a few months ago.

Why don't they do something useful with those cycles and run Folding@Home?

the overheating (reboots) may actually be the motherboard, its an sli board, first (real) generation nvidia intel board they should have used an intel chipset with an intel processor, instead of trying to even it out and have two vid cards... which obviously didn't happen.

Its toms hardware, you can't expect them to make any sense.

7718 said:
Its toms hardware, you can't expect them to make any sense.
That basically sums it up.

They went though 3 (maybe 4) nforce 4 motherboards with crashes and reboots on each one. Now they are running and Intel based motherboard, and it crashed again. They changed a bunch of other components as well, so now knows. Either they have zero idea how to build a system, or the processor runs so hot and sucks back so much power that it's baking everything.

^^ Not entirely correct ^^ Look Im a long time reader of Toms and have learned (over time) to adjust everything that is said aginst my "Toms and The Inq." Benchmark... But this time its the INTEL system that causes the issues and Toms are usually pretty good with INTEL stuff. Had it been the AMD stuff that would have been another thing but... And I also tinks that it has a lot to do wit hte ppl working htere Tomas Pabst (Tom himself) is good alltho a bit biased and the German Tomshardware is better then the international one.

Back