• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Input needed from other 2600k owners

Lost^

n00b
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
14
Building a new rig for BF3, I was going to roll with the PNY GTX580 liquid cooled + cpu cooler but think I am going to stray away from this route and roll with the ASUS ROG matrix 580. What I am wondering is will the stock cooler that comes with the 2600k suffice or should I pick up something larger?

Rolling with the Antec lanboy air case, to which I know you guys will hate on, but regardless I just don't want to run into overheating issues due to the 580 pumping out quite a bit of heat.

If I had gone with the PNY cooling setup I had contemplated oc'ing the cpu a bit but without not I'll have to look more into it I suppose to see what's safe, and what temps are like in general with the actual computer built as well.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
If you aren't overclocking then the stock cooler is acceptable, but even a cheap aftermarket cooler is significantly better.
 
I might OC it a bit, was hoping/expecting something a bit bigger than this so I think I'll grab one of those 212+'s, good reviews and pretty cheap.

cooler.jpg


that makes me a sad panda.
 
Back
Top