• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

input lag on LCD, all or only some?

stephen2002

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 23, 2005
Messages
141
I would like to know if the input lag affects all LCD screens or only some of them. Could somebody with one of the displays that are known to have the lag, like the 24" Dell, that also has an older and/or smaller LCD connect them up and do the same timer tests that have been done on CRT/LCD setups?

I currently have an 18" LCD but no CRT or other LCDs around to compare and would like to know how deep the input lag rabbit hole goes.
 
Not all of them have them. In fact, the only one I noticed it on is my Dell 2405FPW. In the other 5 or so different kinds of LCDs, regardless of panel or overdrive, none of them I noticed had noteable input lag. I believe in the case of the 24" Dell, the type of decoder exhibits the lag. And also in the case of the Dell, the input lag is only bad enough if you are really good at FPS games and can do twitch shots all of the time (i.e., you can instantly shot at any point on the screen without compensating). Other games, the input lag doesn't effect you. Don't be paranoid about LCD input lag, as far as I know, it is only known to that one model.
 
Unfortunately its not limited to the 2405FPW, There are 2 other LCD's listed in this thread which apparently have the lag as well. (Samsung & Philips)
 
Back
Top