Input Lag 4K TV

So right now I have my Samsung 43KU6300 tv hooked up via HDMI to the Dell Thundebolt dock. It's not HDMI 2.0.

The 4k tv is a little laggy but not too bad. Do you think I would decrease the lag if I switched to a HDMI to display port cable. The TV only accepts HDMI but the dock can accept display port. Thanks.

Try different cables as well. It took me a couple of tries before I found a cable that was high enough quality that basically nulified the lag I had on my 40in Samsung 4ktv

Try different cables as well. It took me a couple of tries before I found a cable that was high enough quality that basically nulified the lag I had on my 40in Samsung 4ktv

An hdmi cable I'm assuming? Thanks . So the quality of the cable can make a big difference?

Yeah sorry. I did mean HDMI cable quality. And yes in my case it did. I tried a bunch of cheap HDMI cable and they all introduced lag except a higher quality one from rocket fish of all brands. I didn't adjust any settings a side from the output label (done through the TV menu) to pc which is supposed to also help reduce lag.

Back