• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Innovatek

theseeker

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
2,245
I have only used their Maxi external Rad, but I am quite pleased with it.
Just curious if any one has any experience, good or bad with any of their blocks?
 
I use a blue anodized Maxi Konvect-O-Matic and like it. I bought it used from a friend of a friend 1.5 years ago. It's there so I can have complete silence when there's nothing special going on.

They make my favorite pump in the whole wide world: the HPPS. It's a nice direct input (does not need a control panel to convert voltage) 12v version of Eheim's 1046 with 2 other selectable modes. The normal mode has the flow of the 1046 with the head pressure of the 1048. This mode is silent too. The silent mode lowers both the flow and head pressure and makes the pump more silent, but I don't see how it could possibly get quieter than the normal mode :eek: The power mode turns the head pressure to 10-13 feet and ups the flow to 1048 levels. You don't need an external device to tweak the different modes, you just need to pop the back cover off the pump and move some switches. The HPPS Plus is the same but offers a more powerful Power mode. I also love filltanks like the Aqua Computer plexi AquaInlet and the various Tank-O-Matic plugons and how easily they attach to the HPPS. In the end, I sold my DDC to stay with the HPPS :)

I've been debating dropping my NexXxos XP Lite for a transparent XX-Flow Rev2, but I don't like the fiberglass clips and would want to have a boltable mount made. I guess that's something for the future.

On my x1800XL, I've got a full card x1800 Cool-Matic block with no LED. I had been wanting one for a while, so I bought it. I almost chose the Alphacool one, but decided to go with Innovatek in the end, plus I've not had any problems with mixed metals (Cu and Alu) in my loop.

Their UV Blue 8/10mm tubing has often been my favorite, but this past week I decided to replumb my system with Tygon.

Innovatek's policy is that to get warranty support, you must use only their fluids (with distilled water). You're not allowed to use any dye or another protective mix besides InnovaProtect. I don't use their mix with my cooling (I use AC Fluid and green Glowmotion) and have been using the HPPS since late 2003 with no problems. Like AC, they don't seem too willing to embrace the US market.
 
Pooky said:
I use a blue anodized Maxi Konvect-O-Matic and like it. I bought it used from a friend of a friend 1.5 years ago. It's there so I can have complete silence when there's nothing special going on.

They make my favorite pump in the whole wide world: the HPPS. It's a nice direct input (does not need a control panel to convert voltage) 12v version of Eheim's 1046 with 2 other selectable modes. The normal mode has the flow of the 1046 with the head pressure of the 1048. This mode is silent too. The silent mode lowers both the flow and head pressure and makes the pump more silent, but I don't see how it could possibly get quieter than the normal mode :eek: The power mode turns the head pressure to 10-13 feet and ups the flow to 1048 levels. You don't need an external device to tweak the different modes, you just need to pop the back cover off the pump and move some switches. The HPPS Plus is the same but offers a more powerful Power mode. I also love filltanks like the Aqua Computer plexi AquaInlet and the various Tank-O-Matic plugons and how easily they attach to the HPPS. In the end, I sold my DDC to stay with the HPPS :)

I've been debating dropping my NexXxos XP Lite for a transparent XX-Flow Rev2, but I don't like the fiberglass clips and would want to have a boltable mount made. I guess that's something for the future.

On my x1800XL, I've got a full card x1800 Cool-Matic block with no LED. I had been wanting one for a while, so I bought it. I almost chose the Alphacool one, but decided to go with Innovatek in the end, plus I've not had any problems with mixed metals (Cu and Alu) in my loop.

Their UV Blue 8/10mm tubing has often been my favorite, but this past week I decided to replumb my system with Tygon.

Innovatek's policy is that to get warranty support, you must use only their fluids (with distilled water). You're not allowed to use any dye or another protective mix besides InnovaProtect. I don't use their mix with my cooling (I use AC Fluid and green Glowmotion) and have been using the HPPS since late 2003 with no problems. Like AC, they don't seem too willing to embrace the US market.

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback and unbiased approach.
 
Back
Top