Inline proxy/content filter problem(linux)

Stinn

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright so here's a diagram of the situation.
Actually damnit looking at that it's a little off. The #1 filter should be inline between the network and the router, but other than that it's righto.
So when I have the content filter at #1 it works fine. You can access the webserver inside of 172.16.16.0 network and the internet works great. However once I move it out to #2 position it can no longer get into the 172.16.16.0 network to connect to the DNS server to get local ip addresses for the local webserver. Of course even if I change the hosts file to give it the local ips for the web server it still can't get into the 172.16.16.0 network to get to the webserver. When I say it can't get into 172.16.16.0, it also cannot get into 172.16.24.0 or 172.16.32.0.

The server itself is fedora core 3 setup with squid and dansguardian. It's a very basic install, I followed the instructions found here. Including using the squid.conf file and the bridge startup script.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm about to start digging into some log files to see what I can see.

Back