Ink me, please

BriSleep

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
165
Ok, our 3rd Epson Stylus printer died after 2 years, they've all died after 2 years and it's always the same thing, we replace an ink cartridge (Epson) and then the whole thing quits.

So today I got a great deal on Amazon for a Canon Pixma iP6000D, only cost $112- with shipping. After spending $16- per cartridge, 4 cartridges per purchase the ink scene is just outrageous. That's one reason I switched to Canon, the ink is like $5- less for the name brand. What I want to know is if anyone uses 3rd party ink? Which are the good ones and which should I stay away from?
 
I've bought generic ink catridges for my HP printer from http://www.meritline.com/. It clearly was a refill cartridge as there was ink splattered on the outside. Even though it looked shady, no complaints about the perfomance of the catridge. All my printing comes out fine.
 
I have an older HP inkjet (Deskjet 3420) and I've only bought the standard HP cartridges. I try not to go crazy with printing stuff, but one thing I found is that for the vast majority of my printing needs (including lots of PDF files of music scores), using "fastdraft" quality is perfectly fine and the ink lasts a lot longer. :)
 
Back
Top