Initial thoughts on Vista RC1

jfyeh

Limp Gawd
I just installed RC1 on my Dell 700m laptop.

I had been running Windows XP Media Center edition previously and dual booting Red Hat Linux. After I formated my Windows partition only I wasn't getting the grub menu anymore to choose the linux OS.

After installing the interface looks smoother and pretty similar to OS X. I think IE 7 is finally getting up to par to Firefox.

There are all small things that I can deal with. However the next few are not acceptable.

1) I cannot get any burning program to work. I know there's a built-in burning program in the OS but there's no option to burn ISO's. I have tried Nero 7.0 and 6.6. Neither work. Alcohol 120% doesn't work either.

2) I output my laptop to a external monitor and run dual monitors. In Windos XP Media Center edition I was able to install the intel application that gave me control of the seperate monitors. Now it won't install in Vista. In the OS I can only set my external monitor as my seconday monitor and my laptop screen as the primary. I want to set my external monitor as primary and laptop as seconday.

3) My Intel Wireless Utility doesn't install either

4) Quicken 2007 doesn't install.

So mainly it's software or hardware utilities that don't work with the OS. If people have solutions for my problems feel free to let me know.

5728 is out now, not sure if your on that but I read people got nero working, I think it was 6.6 version. If I find that again Ill make sure its that one. People are saying 5728 runs a lot smoother to.

This should work
http://www.imgburn.com/

when you go to your display settings, right click on the monitor with the 2 on it, and set as primary. then get Ultramon

The only thing I can't get working on Vista is my Wacom Tablet

Back