Infinity in NSK480

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Think it is possible? I estimated the height of the board + the infinity and it is very very close. Would be great if someone has actually done it.

edit: Meant the NSK4480

I'm confused. The DFI Infinity series boards?

Of course they'll fit. Its an ATX case, with an ATX board.

lol sorry got the model number confused. Also I meant a Sycthe Infinity as in the heatsink. Wondering will the Infinity fit in a NSK3480 case or if there is any SFF case that can fit it. Thanks!

Scythe Infinity is 160mm tall.
Thermalright Ultima 90 is 140mm tall, and half the weight.
TRUE is 160.5mm tall. A bit of extra work needed to get it all lapped and seated properly though.

Similar price (U90-Infinity/Ninja), better performance from the TRUE and the Ultima 90 (according to Anandtech).
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb261/pvhk/G7926copier.jpg

pvhk used a Ultra 120 in his tests for the G33M-DS2R in a NSK3480. Guess it fits. The only other cases that come to mind is a modified XQpack, and the NZXT Rogue.

I use the 3480 in combination with the Scythe Infinity. How well it fits depends on the board you're using. The location of the CPU socket makes a difference. Take a look a these pics I've taken:

Gigabyte G33M-DS2R
ds2ryl3.jpg

Asus P5E-VM HDMI
vmhdmiie6.jpg

Thanks for the help. The pictures were really useful. I just purchased a NSK3480 from Mwave and will be installing my Infinity in it. Board should be fine since it is an AM2 board and the socket is more towards the middle of the board.

Back