Infamous

I'm curious if you can get the gliding technique before going to the Warren as it was available for the train mission in the demo, hm......

You also had the Lightning Storm in the demo, and you don't get that power in the full game until the third island.

It's just a demo. lol, they wanted to show what powers are available in the full game. lmao

Anyway, I've had the game since Thursday, got Platinum on Wednesday. Excellent game, and worthy of the 9's it received (but not higher - it has plenty of visual/gameplay flaws).

You also had the Lightning Storm in the demo, and you don't get that power in the full game until the third island.

It's just a demo. lol, they wanted to show what powers are available in the full game. lmao

Anyway, I've had the game since Thursday, got Platinum on Wednesday. Excellent game, and worthy of the 9's it received (but not higher - it has plenty of visual/gameplay flaws).

Do you know if it is possible to get the blast shard right before you fight the first boss without the thrusters?

Seriously, am I the only one who cant get that blast shard before Sasha?

Last edited:
Beat the game today on Good and started over on Hard being evil :D

I love this game, so much fun! I still have tons of stuff to unlock on the Good version of play but I may just do it all on my evil run through as the power is much more satisfying!

Do you know if it is possible to get the blast shard right before you fight the first boss without the thrusters?

Seriously, am I the only one who cant get that blast shard before Sasha?

I really don't remember, man. Sorry. lol
I didn't really go for the shards island by island, I just picked them up if I happened across them... up until the 3rd island when I went back and got them all.

Played the demo great fun. to bad console pricing is so ridiculous I will have to wait a year or two to play it.

I havent had this much fun playing a game in a while. This is my fav PS3 game right behind Uncharted.

I havent had this much fun playing a game in a while. This is my fav PS3 game right behind Uncharted.

Heh, I'd actually put it right up there with Uncharted as far as Single player games go, I think I'm enjoying it a bit more with the powers and hovering.

I cant wait for the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta though. That's gonna be whack!

We should get a bunch of [H]'ers and play on the PSN.

lol beat this game yesterday, probably the most fun I have had on any game this year. Excluding some minor gameplay and visual flaws the game is absolutely fantastic. Kind want to do the game again but I have other things to worry about this week. Next week its prototype!

Heh, I'd actually put it right up there with Uncharted as far as Single player games go, I think I'm enjoying it a bit more with the powers and hovering.

I cant wait for the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer beta though. That's gonna be whack!

We should get a bunch of [H]'ers and play on the PSN.

Two more days to wait.......

I picked this up last night. The local gamestop near me had some leftover 'pre-order' codes that didn't get used, so I snagged one of those to :). (I love my town, I'm out in the middle of no where, so I can always get the hard-to-find stuff from my gamestop).

I am enjoying the game quite a bit! I'm taking it slow, doing all the side quests and trying to find the hidden stuff. Thats not something I usually do in a game, I'm usually the guy who runs through the main story and ignores the side quests. So, right there, I figure its something special :).

The city is immersive, I had to DRAG myself into bed last night at 1am. Stupid work :(. Looking forward to more of it tonight.

one thing that is getting to me now ive started the second island is that there doesnt seem to be enough variety in the types of enemies, ive spent 6 hours virtually killing the same type of enemy over and over

Looking for someone who has an extra gigawatt blades code that wants to trade it for the preorder bonus Reaper Home Costume from Amazon. I wouldn't really use the code for that so I wanted to trade for the blades. If anyone is up for it let me know, thanks! :D

Looks like this is another gem just like Valkyria Chronicles, less hype but great gameplay.

Looking for someone who has an extra gigawatt blades code that wants to trade it for the preorder bonus Reaper Home Costume from Amazon. I wouldn't really use the code for that so I wanted to trade for the blades. If anyone is up for it let me know, thanks! :D

I can send you mine when I get out of the office, it'll be after 5 central time though.

I have an extra code for those blades. If someone wants to PM me u can have it

Edit : My code has been given away.

Last edited:
I also have a reaper code for Home if anyone wants. I've logged into Home for a total for 3 seconds so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use it. :D

I downloaded the demo but did not play it yet, I will have to find sometime this weekend to play it.

If anyone has an extra code for those blades I could use them and much appreciated!

You can probably still get them from Gamestop. I bought Infamous at Walmart since I had a gift card there, but I went to Gamestop on Monday and bought a used Xbox game for a couple dollars and told the guy at the cash register that I had just bought Infamous but didn't get one of the codes when I bought the game. He gladly gave me one.

As long as you're buying something at the store, I doubt they would give you any hassle. Even if it's just a two dollar used game.

So I just beat the game (Good) and was pretty surprised by the ending. That was kinda cool :). No spoilers here.

Now playing through on Evil, and looking forward to taking out some of my agression on those nub citizens.

You can probably still get them from Gamestop. I bought Infamous at Walmart since I had a gift card there, but I went to Gamestop on Monday and bought a used Xbox game for a couple dollars and told the guy at the cash register that I had just bought Infamous but didn't get one of the codes when I bought the game. He gladly gave me one.

As long as you're buying something at the store, I doubt they would give you any hassle. Even if it's just a two dollar used game.

Oh damn it. I was in Gamestop over the weekend trading in to get Red Faction... totally forgot to ask. "[

Im really liking this game. Just got to Hero (12,000 for the last bolt?!?!), and no idea how much of the game is left. There is no percentage, or anything to give you a hint, other than how much of the city is friendly. I thought I was doing good, till I went to the other side... Warren. Ive got like 20% there, and 70% on the other side. Only half the drop calls, and little over half the shards.

Do you have to get 100% and all the dropped calls to beat the game? I dont have a strategy, just run around and go to new missions. Sometimes look for the dropped calls.

Im really liking this game. Just got to Hero (12,000 for the last bolt?!?!), and no idea how much of the game is left. There is no percentage, or anything to give you a hint, other than how much of the city is friendly. I thought I was doing good, till I went to the other side... Warren. Ive got like 20% there, and 70% on the other side. Only half the drop calls, and little over half the shards.

Do you have to get 100% and all the dropped calls to beat the game? I dont have a strategy, just run around and go to new missions. Sometimes look for the dropped calls.

save the game and check the stats on the save file

You do not need to get all the dropped satellite calls / blast shards to beat the game.

I'm doing my 2nd run through on evil and i said to hell with the calls

Sweet, thanks.

edit, Im only 39%...?!?! Ive been playing for at least 10 hours.. it doesnt track that though. Im having fun, no doubt. But kinds figured Id be farther than that. I guess I suck.

Last edited:
Ehhh I downloaded the demo I wasnt impressed with it. Same old Sandbox game with special powers and a stupid story.

How do the graphics in this game stack up against GTA IV and Crackdown?

Infamous was a pretty cool game just judging by the ps3 demo. It is like GTA4 except you are a superhero. I didn't like it personally. The graphics were nice, but I'm not into the GTA style of game play I guess. I think the graphics are much better in infamous than GTA4 on the ps3.

there is nothing more satisfying than jumping from a tower crane or tall building , hover a little bit over a street , then do a lightning drop on a pile of car/citizen.

Im doing the game on the good side for now. Cant wait to terrorize the city!

inFamous is one of the best/most fun game i played in a long time.

the one thing that bugs me is when I do a high dive and thunder drop I can't really see the carnage when I land. IMO the thunder drop should trigger a zoom out maybe slow motion-ish animation so you can see the destruction.

the one thing that bugs me is when I do a high dive and thunder drop I can't really see the carnage when I land. IMO the thunder drop should trigger a zoom out maybe slow motion-ish animation so you can see the destruction.

That would be cool for about 5 minutes but it would get really annoying if it happens every time you do the thunderdrop.

That would be cool for about 5 minutes but it would get really annoying if it happens every time you do the thunderdrop.

Could be an on/off setting then, or just zoom out a bit. I can't really remember but I think it kinda slows anyway. Shrug. I'll pay attention next time.

Ok so yesterday I beat the game as evil. I'm now playing it again as good and so far I'm about 50% so far. I'm already a hero, got almost all my powers again and doing all the side missions I can get my hands on. So far I'm liking good more than evil as far as the powers, but I so want to just go on a rant at times and just start killing everyone.

The missiles on the good side in my opinion are just far better, the fact that they are kind of like guided missiles makes it very appealing. When I fight the gunners now I stay far back shoot two missiles over there head, peak over and tell them to fire at them, destroys them every time, works like a charm. Also when you throw your grenade type power on good it automatically binds them, makes it much easier when fighting multiple mobs.

So far good power are awesome!! Can't wait to beat it again, then when I'm done I'll just play off and on and do all the side missions plus kill random people. Ahhh killing random people, good times.

bump!

Borrowed this from our library. I played the demo and found it extremely promising. Great fun even though I am still a footman... Or a champion but you are a footman until you get your wings. Great progress so far. I am playing as a good surprised it would be actually better then being on the evil side... Though it should go faster levelling up if you are evil and can just kill everything you see I suppose. Maybe that is the reason they dumbed down the powers some?

your library has video games ? let alone infamous ?

im conflicted on many levels, but at the same time that is awesome. i should check out my library.

movies, music games yes it´s all free and legal :) You just get a week with each game so you have to be focused though.

One question I am hunting for good missions? Is it only the green one that counts as good? I just managed to get up to 5 to unlock a new power. All powers I activated so far has been quite brilliant. And despite it´s quite repetitious it somehow seldom get booring to run around like crazy.

Finished inFamous now and let say my morale compass faultered for once and all the effort I made doing the right thing was in vain!

Superb game from start to finish! Wonder if they can top it with inFamous 2. I highly doubt it. Maybe should stay as a one hit wonder.

Back