Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I had it recently, but only when playing Call of Juarez. I would get it literally within 5 minutes of playing when my overclock was 3.6ghz (450x8). I didnt do anything else but change the fsb and the multiplier to (333x9) and I have not seen it since. For me it had to do with the overclock, maybe for you too, but I dont know for sure.
I still have to mess with it, to see what the problem was, maybe the ram was not getting enough voltage to run at 900mhz (which is crap because I was running it at the recommended 2.1v for 900mhz). I will try to unlink it and run it at 900mhz and see if that causes that problem. If not, then it has to be the cpu, I will slowly increase the overclock until I start getting that crash.
If you are overclocked, you could try the same thing. It did it on my computer with all the drivers, so when I found a quick fix (lowering the oc) I installed the 174.51 drivers.
And also those Hotfixes don't fix up anything to with the Nvidia driver problem, mentioned above!!
Either a driver installation or update had a corrupt file or not installed and updated properly!
But a Driver Cleanup to clean left over registrys and etc will 100% take the problem away....Use Driver Cleanup Professional Ed. 7 which is available through guru3d.com. Then install the driver or update needed!