Infamous nvlddmkm.sys

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
Seems I caught the bug, any guess which hot fix could be causing it?

It started about in February and these are the hotfixes from that period.

Vista Home Premium.

SP1 Pre-req:
KB938371

Compatibility Updates:
KB943302

Perfomance Updates:
KB943899
KB946041

I had it with 174.31 (after applying Vista SP1)
It went away (so far it would seem) with 174.51

Best is to get driver cleaner and get rid of the old Nvidia driver. Something might still be lingering when you install the latest driver.

I had it recently, but only when playing Call of Juarez. I would get it literally within 5 minutes of playing when my overclock was 3.6ghz (450x8). I didnt do anything else but change the fsb and the multiplier to (333x9) and I have not seen it since. For me it had to do with the overclock, maybe for you too, but I dont know for sure.

I still have to mess with it, to see what the problem was, maybe the ram was not getting enough voltage to run at 900mhz (which is crap because I was running it at the recommended 2.1v for 900mhz). I will try to unlink it and run it at 900mhz and see if that causes that problem. If not, then it has to be the cpu, I will slowly increase the overclock until I start getting that crash.

If you are overclocked, you could try the same thing. It did it on my computer with all the drivers, so when I found a quick fix (lowering the oc) I installed the 174.51 drivers.

Are there any type of these hotfixes for XP Pro SP2????? SP1 will be officially released through Windows Update in Mid March!!!!

And also those Hotfixes don't fix up anything to with the Nvidia driver problem, mentioned above!!
Either a driver installation or update had a corrupt file or not installed and updated properly!

But a Driver Cleanup to clean left over registrys and etc will 100% take the problem away....Use Driver Cleanup Professional Ed. 7 which is available through guru3d.com. Then install the driver or update needed!

Back