• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Inf Error Video Driver Not found

Slo Gun

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
302
When trying to install Catalys 6.1
for my X1900XT

I get this error message:Inf Error Video Driver Not found
followed by:
Setup was unable to complete the intallation.
Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

I have had 6.1 installed previously, but i was getting choppy performance in fear.
I read about somebody else who had this in another post, and said that they fixed it by a driver reinstall.

So i used driver cleaner to remove the drivers, then tried to install 6.1 and got that error.
So i decided to use the drivers on the cd that came with the card Catalyst 5.13 i believe.
These installed ok, however when trying to install catalyst 6.1 over the top i still get the same error.
Can anybody help me out?
Much appreciated. Thanks.
 
Back
Top