Inexpensive Source for Auto Paint?

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking for some automotive paint at a decent price for a project Im working on. A friend said that he'll supply prime and clear coat and time etc to do the paint job on two of my cases, I just need to supply whatever paint will be needed

Im doing the inside of my HAF-932 in black and I then need a bright yellow and forest green color for my daughters case (worklog coming soon) which is based off your standard fare emachines case.

I dont think I'd need a whole pint for any of the above but Im no painter.

Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions on where to buy from?

Thanks!

Check you local paint shop for "not quite right" color paints. Usually you can get them to bargain the price down. Also check car painters for any "extras"

gwarren007 has some good ideas, try to follow up on them.

While a moot point if you're in California it's going to be rare to find a place to sell you a pint of paint as non-water based paint is basically becoming illegal to sell. Anyways, you do NOT need anywhere close to a pint of paint. For each of those jobs you should need no more than half a spray paint can.

As for actually purchasing the stuff it depends on what you want. If you want really cheap look for something like Plastikote or Duplicolor Enamel or Lacquer, they're premixed and can be readily purchased just about anywhere. If you're picky or if your friend/you really want automotive paint look for a local paint shop that will mix custom colors and put them in spray cans. I know a shop local to me (Long Beach, CA) that will mix any color and put it in a spray can for $27.50, yes it's a bit expensive but it's quality paint and you can get literally any color mixed for that.

Good luck dude, hope it works out.

Is your friend a painter or work at a shop? If so ask him to get it, shops get very large discount off supplies cost. If not then go to whatever the local auto paint shop is, and do what gwarren said, most places that do mixes and custom paints will have colors that end up being off or mixing to much of a given paint, see if they sell these, other wise they just have to PAY to have these removed, so you should be able to get a good deal on a paint that is "close enough" for you.

Back