• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Inexpensive 5.1? :D

myounage

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
106
Some recent sales have had me considering some surround speakers for my bedroom PC / workstation, as the room will soon receive a new, much larger desk and other rearrangements. I have an AVR and an optical output on my PC. They're all $400-$600 speaker sets, but are on sale for $200 or less. I haven't owned surround speakers in my life, so this isn't an upgrade to anything. So far the options I've seen are ...

$170 Infinity

$130 Polk Audio sats

Which I would have to combine with a separate sub such as this:

$70 Polk Audio sub

and finally

This Klipsch set

As it is, I think that the Polk Audio speakers and separate subwoofer would provide the best sound for my environment due to a combination of high reviews and massive total original price. The budget here is 200, even though that's made up of normally much more expensive speakers. What do you think the best option is?

EDIT: if prices do not match links, it's because I'm applying promo codes from the latest newegg sale email.
 
Last edited:
The Klipsch sets go on sale quite often.
You can get the 300 for $230, or the 500 for $300.
 
Back
Top