Industrial PC

Adrenaline

[H]ard|Gawd
For work I am tasked with buying a rackmount "Industrial PC" for a project I am working on. We usually use Kontron, however they do not have an offering that will suit my needs.

Does anybody have any experience they can share about the many industrial PC builders out there? I am going to be looking for single or dual Quad Core processors with upwards 16GB RAM. I will eventuall be in the market for 20 or so of these boxen.

Thanks.

I was looking through their stuff, however the only issue is this computer will be subject to vibration while it is running. Industrial PCs tend to better protect the HDD. For the Dell if I just started with 1 quad core CPU would it be easy enough to upgrade down the road if I require more power?

Corporate Computer Center in San Diego, CA can build a server with anti-vibration features. Or at least, they used to - it's been a while since I've been there. Give them a call at +1-858-597-0078; ask for Jerry Pearlman.

And no, I don't work for them or have a financial interest in them, I just used to buy metric crap-loads of parts and servers from them at my last job (I think I put their kids through college - LOL). If you call them, tell Jerry that Brian from Edupoint says "hi!" :)

Back