Incredible lag playing games on Battle.net on a university network (edu connection)

rlee

Gawd
Does anyone else have this problem? When I play at home (DSL), I get no lag what so ever, but when I play at my dorm, I lag like crazy! Anyone know how to fix this? However, when I play cs or ut24k (pings in the 20-30's), I don't lag at all, what's up with that??? It's only b.net, cant even enjoy a good game of wc3! PLease help! Im assuming it has something to do with the university network or firewall or something along those lines. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Originally posted by rlee
Does anyone else have this problem? When I play at home (DSL), I get no lag what so ever, but when I play at my dorm, I lag like crazy! Anyone know how to fix this? However, when I play cs or ut24k (pings in the 20-30's), I don't lag at all, what's up with that??? It's only b.net, cant even enjoy a good game of wc3! PLease help! Im assuming it has something to do with the university network or firewall or something along those lines. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Instead of asking us, why not ask your network admins? They would be more qualified and knowledgeable to answer your question.

I had a similar problem trying to play quake3 etc, on an edu network. I just eventually gave up because they really restricted the bandwidth and i didn't feel the need to argue for more so i could game. Basically, i would a great ping for 20 sec, then it would skyrocket to 800.

Back