• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Increasing WAVE volume

bigdaddy

[H]Lite
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
91
Have arround 20 voice recordings that I've recorded via my diktafon. This diktafon uses IMA ADPCM WAV compression at 22050hz. Since this WAV files are pretty quiet I would like to normalize them to 0dB or 100%
Which program could accomplish this?
 
Tanx. Will try the Audacity, am a big favor to open source software. Probably cos I use linux extensevely :)

btw. If I were to convert all of my recordings to MP3 using lets say LAME would I be able to compress those recordings even further?
 
How can I convert IMA ADPCM WAVE files into MP3s?
I've tried with LAME but it says that the WAVE isn't supported
 
btw. If I were to convert all of my recordings to MP3 using lets say LAME would I be able to compress those recordings even further?

:confused:

MP3 is a compressed format. There isn't just one setting in LAME either. You can achieve higher compression rates (usually by sacrificing sound quality). Using VBR (an option in LAME) can be a good stragedy to achieve higher compression without losing sound quality. Generally, with MP3, you cannot compress further. You could always throw it inside a ZIP file, but:
1. Chances are it wouldn't even be able to be compressed further.
2. You'd have to pull the file back out of the ZIP to be able to use it.
 
Chastity said:
Convert them to PCM WAV and try again
Is there a program I could use to choose 12files and then convert them to PCM WAV, so I wouldn't have convert one at a time?
 
Foobar2000 will do that. Add files to a playlist, highlight playlist, right-click, and choose Convert...

Make sure you configure the conversion options first.
 
Back
Top