Increasing tubing size will increase performance?

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
right now I'm using the Kingwin AWC-1 (aka Evercool WC-202) CPU block and rads, now I've got this mated to a C-System 750 Mark II series pump and a Baytech Resovoir. Right now, my tubing size is 1/2 ID between the Res and the Pump, and 1/4 Everywhere else. My system's connection sequence is like this:

Res -> Pump -> CPU Block -> Rad -> Rad -> Res

Now the CPU block and Rad connectors are those screw on quick connector types designed specifically for 1/4 tubing with their connectors, but I was thinking I might be ablet to get adapaters to change them all to 1/2 barbs, and use straight 1/2 tubing throughout, ofcourse though the rad's and the CPU block's internal waterways are all 1/4. Will increasing the tubing size increase performance? Or should I just wait to get a good Heatercore and cpu block?

You would be better off buying yourself a better rad and CPU block. Go to autozone, get a heatercore for less than $20. Then order yourself a Swiftech 6002 (i think thats the 1/2 version...) and you will be good to go

Grizzy said:
You would be better off buying yourself a better rad and CPU block. Go to autozone, get a heatercore for less than $20. Then order yourself a Swiftech 6002 (i think thats the 1/2 version...) and you will be good to go

Yeah I've been thinking about doing that too.... do heatercores come barbed? and where can I get them in Canada?

Also... I need to shroud them... and mount them then eh? Don't htink I have the tools to cut up my case :(

you can get a heater core at any local autoparts store.... the most common heatercore used in water cooling is the 77' bonneville heater core.... costs about $20 USD

Enigma said:
you can get a heater core at any local autoparts store.... the most common heatercore used in water cooling is the 77' bonneville heater core.... costs about $20 USD

Damn... I called Canadian Tired.. they don't have a 77' Bonnevile heatercore.. just a 76'.. it's $60 CDN :|

You can buy premodded heatercores with mounting equipment from people like 2Fresh, Weapon (both of those are forum posters). Also places like DD sell modded heatercores. If you were to buy it at an autoparts store you would have to modify it yourself.

Well, my 2-302 had 1/2" tubing so he might just be able to slip 1/2" tubing over it.

Back