• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

increasing cooling on shuttle

todlerix

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
2,244
i need better cooling for a shuttle

x800 XT 3500 939
gets really hot
need it cooler, want to overclock, im loking for ideas, drilling is fine.
 
I have a Shuttle SB75G2 that I've modded just a little. I removed the fan grill on the back (using a dermal tool) and replaced the stock fan on the I.C.E heat-pipe heat-sink with 2 Panaflo M1A's, one on the outside of the case and one in the factory fan holder on the inside. You will also want to remove the factory thermal interface material with something better like Artic Silver 5. I also made a "blow" hole in the top for a low profile 80x15 fan (used this one: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-212&depa=0).

Look and maybe post some questions in this forum here:
http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.aspx?catid=46&entercat=y


You should be able to get lots of good ideas there. Hope this helps.
 
i never really had any temp issues with my shuttle (sn85g4 w/ 3400+, 6800gt, 2xhdd) until i put it in an area where there was no open air. temps got really bad and hover at around 60*C on the processor while just watching a vid or listening to music. in an open air environment temps were better, hovering at around 40*C.

by closed air i mean it's basically sitting in a box with one side open.
 
40$fan as loud as a person talking 24/7?? no thx lol hehe, i thought out some stuff, wire mesh side, and blow hole on top, giving direct cool air to the heatpipe/heatsinks. and wiremesh side case lets vid card get cool air from outside case with ease.
 
Why not just get one of these??

I've seen 'em on ebay as well, tho don't think you'd save much there. You could mod your own case with "modder's mesh", but in this case, it might be easier (and cheaper as well, if you consider labor) to bite the bullet and buy the factory made mod. :)
 
wont get much airflow or visual through that fine net/mesh they have on the side :( where can i find some modder mesh?
 
Back
Top