• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Increaseing vid card voltage

Havoc501

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
13
Ok, so I have looked all over the internet and this website for somwhere telling me how to increase the voltage on my video card. I have found some things here and there on AGP stuff, but almost nothing on PCI-E.

Well, first I was hoping someone could tell me if voltage is the problem I am having with my video card. I have a BFG 6800 GTOC, which at stock, is run at 370 MHz for the core, and 1000 MHz for the memory. Now, I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo, FX-55 SanDiego CPU, 1 GB Corsair XMS, and am running 1 6800 GT. I also have the CPU and the video card core watercooled, with ramsinks on the video card ram. Currently, I am running the card's core at 442 MHz and the memory at 574.50 MHz (which is I think like 1.15GHz). But, when I go a little bit higher and I run something like BF2, I start to see some artifacting, and then my computer freezes up on me. My thought was that I can't OC the video card anymore because there just isnt enough power to do so. And I know its not a heat issue, because under full load, my video card doesnt go anywhere above 47 degrees C. So, is there program that I can use, or bios tool that I'm not aware of that may solve my problem?

~Thanks
 
you have to flash the video card's BIOS with one that has a higher vcore set.

you can use NiBiTorv to edit the BIOS and then NVFlash to flash the BIOS.

good luck, i upped the voltage on my 6800GT AGP form 1.3 to 1.4 and it helped with my OC.
 
I used this pencil volt mod guide to add volts to both the core and memory. I know you have a 6800 gt not sure how your GTs board layout is but i found a pencil volt mods for the memory and heres guide for a 6800 ultra core that might be of help to you.
I must warn you though you need to be real careful if you try the pencil volt mods. If you add to many volts you will fry your card. So you need to triple check the resistors with a Multimeter. you can easily return the volts back to stock with a Q-tip and some alcohol.
 
Back
Top