increase ram for ddr3

hey i was wondering if it was a good idea to upgrade to 16gb 2x8GB dual channel for my 4770k on my itx motherboard even though its old DDR3.

i believe 8gb is good enough but would 16gb really make a difference to web browsing or playing videos? i dont think it affects my gaming very much so.

just looking for a quick input.

Check your RAM usage doing the most intensive thing you normally do. If you don't get above 7.5 gb RAM usage, don't bother upgrading.

Also, you would know if you were running out of RAM. Windows would be yelling at you that you're low on memory.

i dont know if its me or flashplayer and firefox just likes to eat all that mem up.

my friend tells me flash is garbage and taht i should use something else as a plug in instead of flash to play videos on firefox. its what eats up most of my ram

ive seen people complain aboot that before. each tab uses a ton of ram so maybe try fewer tabs or maybe give edge a try or ie another chance.
the most ram ive seen my system use is playing SW: Battlefront at 1440p/ultra-ish and it was pushing 10Gb total

I gave up on Firefox after it wouldn't sync my bookmarks properly. Now on Chrome, and it doesn't have the flash eating RAM issues Firefox has.

chrome likes to open a lot of instances and i'm always on task manager. its weird but i should try a different browser.

is it cause that we are still on html5 that browsers still continue to eat up a bunch of ram?

does ie11 use html5? it never really concerned me much to look into that stuff and for what I do ie11 is still fine. I just had 20 tabs open and it was just over 1Gb usage. so if other browsers are using more than that idkw.

Back