• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Increase Digital Vibrance

mADASS

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
24
Hi.

AMD has a limit of 200 on the Digital Vibrance-scale and Nvidia has 100. Unfortunately 100 isn't enough for me so I was wondering if there's any application for increasing the saturation of videogames?
 
You can't really compare AMD and Nvidia's settings there. AMD's value of 200 is a completely made up number, and Nvidia's 100 is simply a percentage slider. You can't go above 100% saturation.

That said, the default is 50%, and when I set my Nvidia driver to 100% saturation I pretty much cannot look at the screen anymore without getting watery eyes because everything is so extremely oversaturated. Even 60% looks "wrong" compared to for example looking out the window. What kind of freaky eyes do you have if 100% is not enough for you?
 
For $2000 I'll build you a percentage slider that goes to 201.
 
That's insane, touching the digital vibrance on an Nvidia card, even just a little makes the display bleed color and look very unatural.
 
I've used both AMD and Nvidia cards and I can tell you that by dragging it to the max on the saturation/vibrance slider I got more saturation with AMD.

SS.jpg


You might see this as enough, but I don't.
 
Your gamma is too low and/or your brightness too high. It looks like a mostly gamma issue which can also give washed out colors. Run through these tests with default vibrance, then add vibrance if you need to. I add a little vibrance (60ish nVidia) to help with colors in 3D, but if you need 100 something else is wrong.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
 
It's only brightness. Gamma is at default. So you're telling me there's no proper way of having a bright game with lots of color?
 
I'm saying that default gamma may be wrong for your monitor. When gamma is too low, you loose all your "pop". It may illuminate your room, but it won't look bright and colorful. Go through those test images in order and adjust as needed. Season with a little vibrance if you like at the end and you will be happier.
 
The thing is that I haven't changed any values of the brightness/contrast/gamma in the Nvidia drivers. It's default and it's great. It's only in the game that it's wrong and it's in the game that I have edited the contrast and brightness.
 
The thing is that I haven't changed any values of the brightness/contrast/gamma in the Nvidia drivers. It's default and it's great.

If you haven't gone through test images to set monitor brightness, contrast, sharpness, color, and driver gamma; then I can guarantee you it is not accurate or "great". With the exception of the rare factory calibrated high end monitor, all monitors have distorted settings out of the box. If you try to set them by eye you often compensate one error with another, making things worse. Once you get to reasonably accurate settings you are free to make little adjustments to fit your taste. Your current settings look way off, but if you are happy with them, it's your monitor.
 
The settings you see on the picture is in-game only. Whilst in cod4 you can change; contrast, brightness, gamma, saturation, colors etc.
When I'm actually surfing/working/watching a movie the monitor is great. The blacks are not grey and the brightness is not to bright.

So this thing about calibrating my monitor I have no need for. No offence... All I need is a software so I can add some color when I'm playing.
 
Back
Top