Incorrect core/memory speeds (X1900XTX)

cam966251

[H]ard|Gawd
I just purchased a brand new Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX, I load up ATi tools (and also CCC) and i notice that the core clock/memory clock is 500/600. And i know the stock clocks are 650Core / 775memory (1550 effective). This this just the GPU throttling because its not under load? Well, i tried to run the rthdribl program so i could see the clock speeds of the card while under load. I real tried to put it under load by running a lot higher res that normal with multisampling on. Still, the clock speeds stary at 500/600 in ATiTools and CCC.

Is there something wrong with my card, does it just not display the correct speeds for a reason? Is it GPU throttling?

Thank you

I believe the card lowers its clock(s) settings when you're not running any games. Try alt-tabbing out of a game and checking it.

The 500/600 clocks are your 2D clocks
650/775 clocks are your 3D clocks :p
dont worry it switches on its own!

also I noticed with alot of games or programs that arent fully installed my card wont switch from 2d -> 3d

EG i play lineage 2 , with l2 you can run full screen or windowed, when i run windowed it wont switch to the normal speed

Thank you for the quick responces. I knew it had to be something like that, i completely forgot about 2D clocks.

And jsut one last question. I have been with NVIDIA cards for a while. Would i be able to change ATi Tools to 3D mode?

Go into Ati Tools, create a new profile.
Go under voltages. Set what you want. Apply and save to your new profile.
From the main screen, set what clocks you want. Save to the new profile.
Tell ATi tools to load that profile on 3d apps. And load default when they close.
Also for testing, you can manually tell it to load your overclocked/3d profile.

When are they going to sticky a post regarding this? I see at least three posts a week of people complaining that their X1900s are incorrectly clocked.

krameriffic said:
When are they going to sticky a post regarding this? I see at least three posts a week of people complaining that their X1900s are incorrectly clocked.

I said this like 2 months ago.
We need a sticky please.

yeah ati tool pwns.

CCC is useless, which is why i liked a coolbits-cracked nvidia driver, but now that ati tools out (and the insane looking X1900 256mb almost here) i think my next rig will be ati..

anywho to the point. do exactly as whats his name said. with the new ati tool you can setup a profile and even set it to launch when a certain app launches. what i do is have 3 profiles, my stock 2d settings, my stock 3d settings, and my overclocked 3d settings, set to launch whenever CSS is launched. (its an X700 Pro, the Source engine is really hard for it to take on).

so yeah, just fiddle around with ATI tool you can set everything you like.

PS: ironically enough, i heard that infact ATI tool now supports some Nvidia cards! does anyone have some confirmation on this?

Back