Inconsistent Audio Quality when recording with Stereo mix!!

Rockstar

Limp Gawd
Having issues with a DIAMOND XtremeSound XS51 Sound card that we purchased solely for its stereo mix capabilities (built in soundcard didnt have it). I installed the newest drivers online and have tried two different audio recorders.

Whenever i record the stereo mixer i have issues with its playback. Very poor quality sound with static and what not..

Now this problem is very inconsistent, i would say 50/50. Any idea what may be causing this?

This is on an older gateway PC with windows 7 64bit and a pentium D processor. Thanks for reading!:mad:

Try this.
Right click the sound playback device, select properties.
Go to the advanced tab and select a higher bitrate and/or mixing frequency for shared mode.
See which works.

Some soundcards wont give you this option, my stereo DAC doesnt, my 7.1 DAC does.

Try the same on the recording device as well.
You may get away with only changing one of the two.

Inconsistent static on an input doesn't speak to me as a settings problem...as a first instinct, static to me says rotten cables. Have you tried different cables?

When I feed my satellites audio into my soundcard, some TV channels cause breakup/static unless I change the shared mode mixing to much higher frequency.
The ops situ sounds similar.

Try this.
Right click the sound playback device, select properties.
Go to the advanced tab and select a higher bitrate and/or mixing frequency for shared mode.
See which works.

Some soundcards wont give you this option, my stereo DAC doesnt, my 7.1 DAC does.

Try the same on the recording device as well.
You may get away with only changing one of the two.
I tried selecting a higher bitrate, To DVD quality instead of cd quality, and the issue is the same :(

Inconsistent static on an input doesn't speak to me as a settings problem...as a first instinct, static to me says rotten cables. Have you tried different cables?

I have tried different cables but when recording stereo mix would that even matter? I dont even think i need speakers to record stereo mix lol

Im having this problem with everything i try to record, CD"s, youtube videos, you name it.
Ill play one video and record it in segments but when i play it back only some sound great. Quality is 50/50 when recording... :(

Just a thought, as you state you are using an older PC, and you are performing other activities while recording, check your cpu usage. High cpu usage an result in audio issues.

But in general, "static" is often a sign of a driver issue or low quality hardware.

Just a thought, as you state you are using an older PC, and you are performing other activities while recording, check your cpu usage. High cpu usage an result in audio issues.

But in general, "static" is often a sign of a driver issue or low quality hardware.

Cpu usage is to a minimum when i try recording.

The driver was giving me trouble first time install, but i just uninstalled and used the newest from the internet.

I notice whenever i do click the record button the computer locks up for a split second and the sound kinda flickers, but other then that i have no idea whats goin on..

Search Windows Store for app call "WhatUHear" ...works great. All automatic...no messing with sound settings.

Back