I'll let you see for yourself. Here is my original message:
Creative,
I recently received my Xmod to use as an external soundcard
for my laptop. I hooked it up, and there was a SEVERE reduction in my
bass levels from my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. It gets more bass
from the onboard sound and from my regular stereo. I have tried turning
the 3D sound and Crystalizer the whole way up and down to no avail. I am
very disappointed at this point. Is there anything I can do to get my
bass?
Regards, Mike
This is Creative's wonderful response:
Dear Mike,
Thank you for contacting Creative Technical Support; we appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.
Based on the information provided
With regards to your enquiry, understand that you have an issue with
your Zen player as
you may like to use the following troubleshooting procedure using the
hyperlink
http://us.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=3&sid=26136
X-Fi Xmod - Product Specification Guide
Connecting to an external stereo audio source like MP3 players and Ipod
External audio sources that you can connect to Xmod include MP3 players,
CD players, and any other stereo audio source with a line-out jack.
Connect a power adapter (sold separately) and an external audio source
to
Xmod as shown in the diagram below. Disconnect Xmod from your
computer before proceeding.
1 Power adapter (sold separately)
2 USB Connector
3 Line-In/Microphone jack
4 Line-In cable with 3.5mm connector (not included)
5 Your digital audio player or other external stereo audio source
I hope that I was able to help you with this information and will look
forward to your response.
Thank you.
If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.
Best Regards,
Kelvin
Technical Support
Creative Labs Americas
I don't own a Zen, nor did I say I did. I need help outputting bass to Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers, which this Xmod device sucks at. Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about care to help?
Creative,
I recently received my Xmod to use as an external soundcard
for my laptop. I hooked it up, and there was a SEVERE reduction in my
bass levels from my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. It gets more bass
from the onboard sound and from my regular stereo. I have tried turning
the 3D sound and Crystalizer the whole way up and down to no avail. I am
very disappointed at this point. Is there anything I can do to get my
bass?
Regards, Mike
This is Creative's wonderful response:
Dear Mike,
Thank you for contacting Creative Technical Support; we appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.
Based on the information provided
With regards to your enquiry, understand that you have an issue with
your Zen player as
you may like to use the following troubleshooting procedure using the
hyperlink
http://us.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=3&sid=26136
X-Fi Xmod - Product Specification Guide
Connecting to an external stereo audio source like MP3 players and Ipod
External audio sources that you can connect to Xmod include MP3 players,
CD players, and any other stereo audio source with a line-out jack.
Connect a power adapter (sold separately) and an external audio source
to
Xmod as shown in the diagram below. Disconnect Xmod from your
computer before proceeding.
1 Power adapter (sold separately)
2 USB Connector
3 Line-In/Microphone jack
4 Line-In cable with 3.5mm connector (not included)
5 Your digital audio player or other external stereo audio source
I hope that I was able to help you with this information and will look
forward to your response.
Thank you.
If you still require assistance, please reply to this email with any
previous correspondence to ensure the quickest and most accurate
service.
Best Regards,
Kelvin
Technical Support
Creative Labs Americas
I don't own a Zen, nor did I say I did. I need help outputting bass to Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers, which this Xmod device sucks at. Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about care to help?