• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

In the market

Nexrus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
164
Currently I have some sort of seagate 80gb hard drive and it is extreamly LOUD. You can hear it grinding all the time. Several people have told me thats fine and I even ran a test on it and all seemed to be fine - However someone also told me that seagates suck. I really don't know much so I was hoping some of you guys could give me your expertise on the situation.

Odds are Ill end up getting a new one. Can you please throw out some suggestions? Keep in mind I want something quite, fast, and atleast 80gb. How much am I looking to spend? Thanks
 
newegg is your friend. a lot of people also recommend ZipZoomFly.
 
Comments like "harddrive company XYZ sucks" must certainly have been uttered by people who have the utmost understanding of harddrives and are beyond knowledgable when it comes to all aspects of harddrives.

The best "price/ GB" point is currently around the 300GB mark. Most harddrives companies have an offering in that range and the price should be around $100 dollars, likely less.

I recall reading about Seagate's 320GB HDD selling for $95 recently.
 
drizzt81 said:
The best "price/ GB" point is currently around the 300GB mark. Most harddrives companies have an offering in that range and the price should be around $100 dollars, likely less.

I recall reading about Seagate's 320GB HDD selling for $95 recently.

that is the correct pricing point
 
Nexrus said:
Currently I have some sort of seagate 80gb hard drive and it is extreamly LOUD. You can hear it grinding all the time. Several people have told me thats fine and I even ran a test on it and all seemed to be fine - However someone also told me that seagates suck. I really don't know much so I was hoping some of you guys could give me your expertise on the situation.

Odds are Ill end up getting a new one. Can you please throw out some suggestions? Keep in mind I want something quite, fast, and atleast 80gb. How much am I looking to spend? Thanks



That somone who suggested that:... my advice to you would be to not take advice from that somone.
 
Back
Top