In reponse to the "Dying PC Gaming" Threads...

Read some of the dumb reader feedback for a laugh of a different kind.

PC will die when Linux has its year of the desktop, which will be about a decade after Duke Nukem Is released.

Meh, it was a mock thread, you can see the OP posting "PC" too on the 14th post.

We may be interpreting it the wrong way... They're probably laughing at the PC. It's like someone asking for advice on what desktop to get for their new gaming rig and people on [H] all responding with "Mac".

:(

PC will die when Linux has its year of the desktop, which will be about a decade after Duke Nukem Is released.

Even if Linux has its year of the desktop it will still be running on PCs. I think you mean Windows will die when Linux has its years of the desktop.

Basically it's like this; If you are too poor to have a PC, and a PS3/X360, and a Wii, and a DS/PSP, then you should spend less time gaming and more time on improving your financial situation. If you don't own all/many platforms you will miss out on some good gaming that can be had on either of them.

This pic is highly incorrect, and gives zero perspective. Whoever made this pic has no clue about platform exclusives coming in 2011. I could spend 5 minutes searching google and find several more for each platform.

Well, he did say "Full Retail" titles (which means titles that release for more than $40 by non-indie studios, at least according to him). So that cuts out a lot of titles. I'm far too lazy and honestly don't care enough to search around to check if those were the only 2011 titles announced @ over $40 at the time the list was made... but that could account for missing titles. Feel free to do some leg work though if you feel the need to lol.

Basically it's like this; If you are too poor to have a PC, and a PS3/X360, and a Wii, and a DS/PSP, then you should spend less time gaming and more time on improving your financial situation. If you don't own all/many platforms you will miss out on some good gaming that can be had on either of them.

Money is not always the issue. I barely have time for half the good PC titles out there. My Steam backlog is already larger than I consider reasonable. I have not touched my PS3 since finishing Uncharted II sometime middle of last year. No real point for me to own any of the other platforms. Instead I play on the platform I enjoy the most with time I have available.

Money is not always the issue. I barely have time for half the good PC titles out there. My Steam backlog is already larger than I consider reasonable. I have not touched my PS3 since finishing Uncharted II sometime middle of last year. No real point for me to own any of the other platforms. Instead I play on the platform I enjoy the most with time I have available.

same here! I can't imagine trying play stuff on 4-5 platforms! I play PC only, and think I'm usually at 7 hr/week on steam or something. And that's mostly a 3 hr session or two on the weekend. There are more than enough great games on the PC to last me for years!

I have a PS3 for blu-ray (and rock band with the GF:)) and tried the Uncharted demo; took 5 min to kill a guy since I couldn't hit a damn thing I gave up on that pretty quickly. Mouse aiming is the only way for me:p

Even if Linux has its year of the desktop it will still be running on PCs. I think you mean Windows will die when Linux has its years of the desktop.

You misunderstood my point.

PC's will die (never happen) after the year of Linux of Desktop (which was supposed to happen 15 fucking years ago) which will never happen, but only 10 years after Duke Nukem is released (which might? happen)

Well not surprising, we have just as many PC elitist in this forum.

I agree with many of the comments, especially this one.

Man, there is just nothing like an arrogant PC gamer. I've never met a console gamer even half as arrogant about their choice to play console games as most of the PC gamers I've met, who are usually all too happy to tell everyone else how much they suck.

I play most games on PC but the amount of arrogance I come across is mind blowing.

I play most games on PC but the amount of arrogance I come across is mind blowing.

Yeah, I agree it can be annoying. PC gamers can be the biggest winners I have ever heard... that is why we get so many "PC gaming is dead" threads.

To me it all has to do with the type of game you enjoy. My drug-of-choice is the FPS... so to me, the PC is my only choice. If I were into adventure games, I would have a console. RE5 with a M/KB just doesn't cut it to me.... just like BFBC2 with a controller.

AM radio is dying, how can it possibly compete with FM ?!??!?!???

HAM radio is dying... (ok that one is actually true, probably already dead)

Yeah, I agree it can be annoying. PC gamers can be the biggest winners I have ever heard... that is why we get so many "PC gaming is dead" threads.

To me it all has to do with the type of game you enjoy. My drug-of-choice is the FPS... so to me, the PC is my only choice. If I were into adventure games, I would have a console. RE5 with a M/KB just doesn't cut it to me.... just like BFBC2 with a controller.

RE5 with controller have terrible AIM style..

Keyboard+mouse is the way to go, else it takes forever to aim the correct spot.

RE5 is half FPS, or call TPS.. It is still running better with KB/M.

You misunderstood my point.

PC's will die (never happen) after the year of Linux of Desktop (which was supposed to happen 15 fucking years ago) which will never happen..

Just because a few people in the past were mistaken about Linux has no bearing on the future.

Russia has mandated that all government computers start switching to Linux in 2012.

China is slowly moving towards Linux. They've already moved government and military servers to Kylin.

Crackdowns on piracy are going to make developing countries switch from pirated Windows, to legitimate copies of Linux.

Brazil and India are also promoting Linux. You are seeing a push towards Linux in the most populous countries in the world.

As i always say.

Consoles are BECOMING PC's in every way possible.

Period, end of it, a console isnt just for games now, you got Inet, keyboard and mice.. the only difference is you dont really own a console in that you can do what ever you want in it...

Console eveny PC's, that is why they become more like them with every release.

Agreed, as much as I'm a PC Elitist, I don't typically voice my disdain of all things console.

OT: Replace PC Gamer with Mac user and the quote is just as true haha.

I would cut off my my legs before I will ever buy aother console. I use this saying for everything "You get what you pay for"

RE5 with controller have terrible AIM style..

Keyboard+mouse is the way to go, else it takes forever to aim the correct spot.

RE5 is half FPS, or call TPS.. It is still running better with KB/M.

Oh, good to know.... I just might pick this up sometime. I loved the original RE.... haven't played one of those games for years. I heard bitching about the M/KB controls a while ago, that is why I used that game as an example.

Critics of PC Game 2011 Gaming Prediction:

This year we will PC gaming will shrivel up and die a horrible death, all games will be played on consoles. Wake up to the truth all you PC gaming fan boys!!!

And remember to take a small break from your favorite PC game next year when we will give our 2012 PC Gaming prediction...

Pretty funny post here... not about PC gamers per se, but about our rediculous expectations about gaming in general:

http://www.gamefront.com/we-the-spoiled-gamers/

Disagree with this article in so many places.

Technology naturally improves, it improves its own rate of improvement and so you get a feedback loop which generates exponential growth. Expectations are going to raise at the same pace to keep up.

He's a linear mind thinking in a logarithmic scale.

Just because a few people in the past were mistaken about Linux has no bearing on the future.
Other than that whole concept called "credibility."

You are seeing a push towards Linux in the most populous countries in the world.

Thats great, honest. Only about 20-25 years late.

Back