In need of a racing game

Corbin

Limp Gawd
So I've been out of the racing loop for awhile and I kinda wanted to play a racing game. The last two racing games I loved were midnight club 3 for the original xbox and need for speed carbon for the wii. The reason I liked these games were the immerse customization abilities that were presented in the games. Do they still make games like this anymore or is it just straight racing? I looked at the reviews for the two latest need for speed games but it looks like they were a disappointment so can anyone suggest a game I'd like? I also really liked the cop chase aspect of need for speed but idk if any other racing games have this.

I have this pc and a 360. I'd like to play it on the 360. I'll be playing with a controller as I don't like racing wheels much.

You would probably enjoy games like Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club LA. Both can be had for pretty cheap and are pretty good games for what they are.

There's always the PGR series, or the Forza series, but it sounds like you're more into some of the arcade type action with some customization options. There should be demos for both games (I think, at least) on the Xbox marketplace. Try them out and see which ones you like.

You would probably enjoy games like Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club LA. Both can be had for pretty cheap and are pretty good games for what they are.

There's always the PGR series, or the Forza series, but it sounds like you're more into some of the arcade type action with some customization options. There should be demos for both games (I think, at least) on the Xbox marketplace. Try them out and see which ones you like.

thanks for the reply so quick. I'll search some vids real fast but yea I like the "create a really cool car and drive it around" type of gameplay. Looks like MC:La and Burnout look pretty good..

I'd say Burnout Paradise... but I really can't think of anything that's going to offer the customisation you want, at least not in an arcade package.

In terms of pure racing without falling into the sim category I'd say PGR4 is a good bet. You might want to give Pure a look too (seriously, it might not be cars, but it's a great little racing game).

Midnight Club has more of what you're looking for I think, but Burnout has a better multiplayer aspect and a ton more options for how you want to "play" it. Cops and Robbers mode, etc etc. Really it's going to be based on what you like. Both games look good, I'll give the slight edge to Burnout, even though the cars are fictional mashups of real-world cars, but hey, to each his own.

I'd say Burnout Paradise... but I really can't think of anything that's going to offer the customisation you want, at least not in an arcade package.

basically anything similar to need for speed carbon and midnight club 3 in terms of customization..

Midnight Club has more of what you're looking for I think, but Burnout has a better multiplayer aspect and a ton more options for how you want to "play" it. Cops and Robbers mode, etc etc. Really it's going to be based on what you like. Both games look good, I'll give the slight edge to Burnout, even though the cars are fictional mashups of real-world cars, but hey, to each his own.

I think I'll try midnight club then.. I'll be renting it anyways so no big if I don't like it

Current racing games are a joke.The best game out now is grid and that even sucks.Sure the graphics are sweet but the gameplay sucks

Current racing games are a joke.The best game out now is grid and that even sucks.Sure the graphics are sweet but the gameplay sucks

well I rented Midnight Club: LA today and so far it's a blast. Only thing lacking is split screen but w/e

Midnight Club: LA is simply superb... But as for renting I don´t know. It´s really very hard for an arcade title and you will have to get used to not winning all the time. I nearly gave up on it because I don´t expect the same learning curve in my arcade racers as in my racing simulations lol. But I came back to it and yes brilliant.

Burnout Paradise is a joke. Absolutely horrible game. It´s hardly a game at all. Have a sterile dead city, have absolutely no car physics. No decent driving view and overall it´s just pointless. Always amazes me how such games can be so popular it has nothing to hook you.

Burnout Paradise is a joke. Absolutely horrible game. It´s hardly a game at all. Have a sterile dead city, have absolutely no car physics. No decent driving view and overall it´s just pointless. Always amazes me how such games can be so popular it has nothing to hook you.
I couldn't disagree more. Especially when played online.

ROFL

check out forza 1 and forza 2.. forza 1 has better tracks but forza 2 looks better graphicly.. if ya play online a lot of people do different little games within the tracks.. like cat and mouse and stuff like that.. makes it pretty fun.. ya have 2 teams with 3 drivers each.. 1 person on each team drives a slow ass car like the stock pt cruiser.. while they race around the track.. then the 2 other people on each team drive insanely fast cars.. 1 guy pushes the pt cruiser.. and the other guy tries to crash the other teams pt cruiser and which ever one gets across the finish like after 5 or 10 laps wins..

but as for police chase type games there hasnt really been anything new out that i can remember.. but then again my 360 has been sitting in my closet for about 8 months now while i wait for forza 3 to come out.. i beat forza 1 and 2 already and they have started to get boring for me after spending over 600 hours on forza 1 and 400+ hours on forza 2..

Last edited:
Forza with aids are not that simmy. I haven´t played Forza 3 yet but yes it´s pretty much a given. Need for speed: Shift another upcoming title to look forward to. And with major major reservations Dirt 2.

Back