In need of a good wireless mouse!

xuerebx

Limp Gawd
I'm in need of an ergonomic, reliable wireless mouse. I currently own a wireless SEPIA keyboard and mouse, and whilst I haven't changed the keyboard batteries in 2 months, I've been changing a pair of batteries for my mouse every five friggin' days.

So basically I want a mouse which does not drain my battery life. If it supports rechargeable batteries it's even better.

I don't need to change the keyboard; I've gotten used to the layout and it's good. Right now I'm using a regular wired mouse and the SEPIA wireless keyboard in case you're wondering what happened to my wireless mouse....nah I haven't annihlated it, yet.

My budget is around EUR40 / $60 / GBP 35. Shipping will cost me around $15 more to Malta, so I don't want more expensive mice.

So, what mouse would you suggest? Remember: wireless, good battery life, comfortable. I've always used cheap mice before, so my standards aren't really high.

EDIT: I was looking at some Logitechs. Mainly the MX1100 (at least according to reviews).

Logitech EX110 is a good combo but if you want a single mouse Logitech M205 is a good one and it got an on/off button which means you can save battery as you want. These are simple mice so try them if you want something simple with not much buttons.
M205:
Logitech-M205-Kablosuz-Notebook-Mouse-Siyah__21815050_0.jpg

EX110
LogitechEX110.jpg

(M205)

Ah, that's different from what I was looking at! I do indeed want a simple mouse. No need for extra buttons because I don't even use them with my other mouse.

Do you know how much a pair of batteries last on the M205? And is it adequate for browsing and gaming? (I'm not a big FPS fan so it's not like I'll be playing CoD or games which require great twitch skills).

I was looking at the MX1100 because a friend of mine's pair of batteries lasts a couple of months! Mine lasts 5 days! :eek:

And thanks!

I bought mine nearly a month ago and still using. SetPoint shows green for the battery. And I must admit that I generally forget to turn it off while not using it. So if you turn it off while not using you can get months of usage. Also the receiver can be attached to the mouse so I can use it as a netbook mouse, detaching the receiver from the usb and attaching to the mouse and then putting on the netbook bag makes it ready to go and don't waste battery. By the way it uses a AA battery and I have a 2100 mah rechargeable battery in it.

It arrived today. Feels good (albeit a bit small) and I need to get used to it.

After a day of usage, I like that:

-it is small and lightweight.
-the battery compartment is cool (doesn't really matter in the end, but I thought I'd mention it).
-No LED light under the mouse.
-On/Off button.
-SetPoint program utility

What I dislike:
-Middle mouse button. I'm finding myself either pressing the right mouse button at the same time, or pressing the middle mouse and also scrolling down at the same time.
-Precision. Dunno what I'm doing wrong but I'm finding it hard to press on certain small links and the likes. I tried fiddling with the settings though.

I used to have the MX Revolution. Sweet mouse. A little heavy though, so it probably wouldn't work for you. The successor is the Performance Mouse MX which also tracks on glass, and they've got those on display at Best Buy and probably other stores if you want to take a look.

Battery would last 4 or 5 days before having to recharge (on the included cradle). No LEDs either!

I've never found a single wireless mouse to be precise enough for everyday use. But yea, I'm very sensitive to responsiveness and control.

I suppose I will have to try out the Razer Mamba and Sidewinder X8 at some point but I'm going into them with high expectations.

What I dislike:
-Middle mouse button. I'm finding myself either pressing the right mouse button at the same time, or pressing the middle mouse and also scrolling down at the same time.
Actually I felt the same too but never took it as much as a problem. And with a good mousepad the precision is really good for me.

Hmm didn't think I'd need a mousepad, seeing as how this mouse should work on all surfaces. I'll buy a cheap one to see how it will fair.

As for the middle mouse, I'm getting used to it.

Im using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and really like it. Just a little too small for my taste but not bad. The battery life is superb! I bought it back in July and am STILL running off the 2 Duracell AA batteries I put in there and I game quite a lot so they get a good workout.

Im using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and really like it. Just a little too small for my taste but not bad. The battery life is superb! I bought it back in July and am STILL running off the 2 Duracell AA batteries I put in there and I game quite a lot so they get a good workout.

I've got the MS 4000 and love it. I use it with my netbook (Dell Mini 10v) and it's perfect. Extra buttons (left side thumb + wheel side to side), on/off switch and Nano transducer that I just leave plugged into it (it does stow away under mouse). Been using it a month on the first battery.

I've never found a single wireless mouse to be precise enough for everyday use. But yea, I'm very sensitive to responsiveness and control.

I suppose I will have to try out the Razer Mamba and Sidewinder X8 at some point but I'm going into them with high expectations.

My Mamba is just a few months old and the feet are starting to peel off. I sent them a message and they replied with a form email back directing me to their online store to buy new feet. I replied that for a mouse so expensive and so new, that they should be provided free.....that's what good customer service departments do. They replied with the same form letter. I've also had a problem with the battery cover coming a bit loose and since it is just millimeters from the mouse pad surface, it start to rub against it. I took a hair dryer to to heat up the plastic and bend it back (I took the cover off so there is no way the feet are coming loose because of the hair dryer). Bottom line....Razer won't get another penny from me in the future. Customer service and quality control leave much to be desired IMO.

Same for me. Logitech has never caused any problems
Same for me. I have a Logitech Elite Keyboard that I bought back in 2002 and I still use it. Plus, my Logitech S-220 speakers are an awesome value and sound really good for only $24.

Just to say I've been using the mouse for a bit more than a month, I have to say it's awesome.

Fast forward a couple of months, and now I'm using a cheap $10 wired mouse.

Goddammit the batteries were depleting after just 1 month, it wasn't working on mouse mats (seriously, but it worked OK on the table), and it seemed to deteriorate in quality over time...

Oh well.

Back