In need of a good wc3 strat. please

for any race it doesnt matter. i need a good strat to help me win, im good at it but i have no strat by me self.

please help and no flammers

Originally posted by monster.under.thebed
for any race it doesnt matter. i need a good strat to help me win, im good at it but i have no strat by me self.

please help and no flammers

If people give u strats they wotn be urs your still be using other peoples Bo's / strats just come up with your own BO and strat its not that hard or play a real RTS games like Generals none of this RPG/RTS BS that is WC3

In my opinion, war3 is much less of a "cookbooking" type game than other RTS'. The absolute best way of going about a game is to make some base unit, (footman, ghoul, archer, grunt, etc) scout w/ it immediately, and mold your strategy to what your opponent is doing. Do this frequently all throughout the game. You do not want to start countering a unit when your opponent already has a large number massed. If your recon is very good, you will literally be building the perfect counter strategy for whatever your opponent does.

That's the theoretical part, the rest is just having good micro.

Just a small tip on protective micro - do not watch your group unit screen on the bottom (when you have a group selected) for spotting injured units. This method spots the focus fire too late. They will be either too damaged or dead to re-enter the battle. The way I do it is watching the actual battle. Watch what units are being focused on (holding down alt helps as well) and don't wait for a unit to become even moderately damaged to move them away. Right when you see a group of melee units come toward one of your guys, move him immediately back. When fighting ranged, right when you see them "look" at a specific unit, move that unit back. This usually causes the group to follow him for a short period of time, while the rest of your guys beat on them taking no damage. Right when they stop following him, bring him back in.

Keep in mind that too much protective micro can actually be damaging, however, as your men will be doing more running around than attacking. Focus on efficiency.

good stuff.. have a strat but scout your ass off and be rdy to change it at anytime. who here still plays wc3 .. not wc3 FT. cause i would love to get a game going. msg me on aim : BrainC0DE

Back