In-game Vsync (Use 3d application setting) doesn't work?

Raendor

Gawd
Guys, I've been having this issue for quite a long time. In NVCP if I set Vsync to Use 3d application setting, none of the game's in-game vsync work. No matter if I turn it on or off. It always behaves like off. Only if I set Vsync to on in global settings - vsync starts to work. I don't like this and don't understand why this happens, cause updating driver or rolling back to an older doesn't seem to help. DDU and installing the driver doesn't help either. What's the issue???

I'm on W10 latest version and 384.94 nvidia driver.

If you have G-Sync turned on and want to cap it with V-Sync you have to force V-Sync to on in the NVCP. If you want the games to control V-Sync then you need to turn G-Sync off. Of course you can use the application specific settings tab in the NVCP if you only want the V-Sync cap for certain games.

If you have G-Sync turned on and want to cap it with V-Sync you have to force V-Sync to on in the NVCP. If you want the games to control V-Sync then you need to turn G-Sync off. Of course you can use the application specific settings tab in the NVCP if you only want the V-Sync cap for certain games.

Hmm, It wasn't like this before, as I remember. I could use in-game vsync while using gsync. It was just capping my framerate, but if I switched it off in game - it switched off.

Hmm, It wasn't like this before, as I remember. I could use in-game vsync while using gsync. It was just capping my framerate, but if I switched it off in game - it switched off.

Pretty sure it's always been like that. If you want to use vsync I'd suggest switching to fixed refresh instead of gsync.

Back