in game sounds in sloooow mo - what's going on?

alberthkim

n00b
i have a dell 400sc that has an integrated sound card and i noticed that when i play certain games (in my case richard burns rally - great game btw) that after a couple of car crashes that the sound suddenly sounds really low and slightly in "slow motion." don't know how else to describe it.

i've heard talk about the chaintech av710 having a lower fps and while i don't have that card i'm wondering if my integrated sound card is suffering from the same problem? after i exit the game all my sound (i.e. when i play my mp3's, watch tv) have the sound playing in a very low/slow mo tone. anyone know what's going on? only remedy i have is to reset my computer and it's fine then.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that your system either has less than 512mb of ram or has a slower CPU. It sounds like the resources are getting bogged down, which in turn uses resources that the onboard sound wants to use.

Get a soundcard. For gaming audio, go with a Creative card. The Audigy 2 Value OEM is a good choice. Pricewatch for it.

i actually have 1gb of ram and its a p4 2.8ghz. but yes i'm lookin out to get an audigy 2 value or a turtle beach santa cruz. thanks

Back