• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

In-ceiling speakers and amp for computer

gtg465x

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
2,112
So I want to build a home audio system and connect it to my computer. I will have either 8 or 10 in-ceiling speakers spread throughout the house. Each of 4 or 5 rooms will have a pair of speakers controlled by one of these.

Does anyone have any experience with in-ceiling speakers? Can you recommend some under $100 per speaker? Also, what should I be looking for in an amplifier to match this setup? Any recommendations on that as well?
 
monoprice in ceiling are nice for the price and many use them for light music listening and audio distribution.

also thespeakercompany.com makes better, yet still in expensive, in ceiling speakers.

I have 2 6.5" in ceilings that i use are rear surrounds from thespeakercompany and they sound great....

I will be adding more later.


Here is the Home A/V distribution forum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36

here is a whole thread on monprice's speakers


also check out sonos, russsound and smarthome.com for more stuff.... oh and for consumer level stuff Squeeze box is okay
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=991046
 
if you want in-ceiling, I like adidas' suggestion for TSC or monoprice, you might also look at Klipsch (I don't know if they make anything in your price range, but they make decent installation gear)

although I personally wouldn't get in-ceiling speakers as the primary front L/R of a system

another thing you might consider is A-Bus or a similar system, so you have independent control in each room, rather than a single signal in/out
 
Think I will go with the monoprice speakers. TSC seems to be going out of business. All of their products are discontinued. They won't be used to replace the primary front L/R. They are just for playing music in other rooms of the house.
 
Think I will go with the monoprice speakers. TSC seems to be going out of business. All of their products are discontinued. They won't be used to replace the primary front L/R. They are just for playing music in other rooms of the house.

Thats what they do before the bring out the new years models normally. If you look you will find a couple threads started around this time last year asking if they were going out of business.

Once they clear out their stock they will come back with the new 2010 line.
 
Think I will go with the monoprice speakers. TSC seems to be going out of business. All of their products are discontinued. They won't be used to replace the primary front L/R. They are just for playing music in other rooms of the house.

oh yeah, go with in-ceiling's for sure then

and Enders has the right idea :)
 
TSC isnt going anywhere this is just getting ready for new models.....

their in wall and in ceiling speakers have high quality crossovers and nice large magnets... they are a nicer speaker than monoprices, and more expesive.....
 
well, honestly isn't that surprising
guess its a shame for their customers

Yeah...prices were a bit low. I guess they thought they'd make up the low margin with lots of sales. :(

Too bad it didn't work out.
 
damn, i stand corrected.

I just bought and got a T100 last week. it is a great sub and it was like $150 shipped.... nothing could touch it.... freaking 10" sub with great sound and build quality...

too bad, i have been recommending them onlien and to people i know.....
 
Back
Top