In a land of giant air coolers, I need a HSF that will fit...

Why not stock? It will fit, cool adequately, and be quiet.

Stock coolers are not quiet.....well I guess they are quiet in relation to a Delta fan. :eek:

They are quiet when they idle. As soon as you put a load on those stock coolers, boy, they sound like a jet engine about to take off.

They are quiet when they idle. As soon as you put a load on those stock coolers, boy, they sound like a jet engine about to take off.
I have the stock EE C2Q cooler on my Q6700 and when I set it to encode a video for my iPod it ramps up in speed. I've gotten used to it but I'd prefer something better.

that Scythe Big Shuriken looks relevent to my interests

Every stock intel sink I've used since the conroes vibrated and was anything but quiet. If anyone received a non vibrating or quiet one, consider yourself lucky compared to my experience. Total POS.

I have the stock EE C2Q cooler on my Q6700 and when I set it to encode a video for my iPod it ramps up in speed. I've gotten used to it but I'd prefer something better.

that Scythe Big Shuriken looks relevent to my interests

If there is enough room, you could probably put a full size 120mm fan on it for better static pressure. It would probably operate a little quieter too. Large blades moving slower vs smaller blades moving faster.

Back