Improved ATI linux driver support petition

Don't know that I want to sign a petition for better ATI drivers when the guy who created the petition cannot even spell "Radeon".

Archer75 said:
Don't know that I want to sign a petition for better ATI drivers when the guy who created the petition cannot even spell "Radeon".

I noticed that as well, but the meaning still gets across. ;)

Given how fast its grown, I think its the right time to snowball a huge petition together.

Lol, for your sakes (and maybe mine again in the future,) I'm going to go ahead and sign even though later this week my R9600Pro will be traded out for a GFFX6800(nu.) ^_^

I think, most importantly, ATI does really need to make it possible for the free versions of linux to come with properly set up drivers. This whole manual installation of proprietary stuff thing just doesn't work very well... I never did get it working (not that it matters anymore.)

Nazo said:
Lol, for your sakes (and maybe mine again in the future,) I'm going to go ahead and sign even though later this week my R9600Pro will be traded out for a GFFX6800(nu.) ^_^

I think, most importantly, ATI does really need to make it possible for the free versions of linux to come with properly set up drivers. This whole manual installation of proprietary stuff thing just doesn't work very well... I never did get it working (not that it matters anymore.)

I'm tempted to do the same. I need a functional, stable 3d accelerator under Linux, and although I like my ATI card, I think it's getting swapped out for something made by Nvidia.

Back