Improve my 120mm push/pull fan selection?

Lengradde

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
189
For such few words in a title, this is a rather complicated topic...:eek:

This site helped set me in the right direction, but I'm wondering if further improvement is possible for my planned setup.
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/Radiator-Fan-Orientation-And-Shroud-Testing-Review.html

Fan durability is not an issue for me, I strictly want efficient static pressure performance due to effective blade design. I'd like to keep the cost of the fans under $20 per fan, and under 2000rpm for noise reasons. I'm willing to exceed these limits to some degree, but no 5400rpm AP-31s...:p


Here's where I'm currently at for my planned fan sandwich:

1) Pushing fan: Cooler Master Blademaster (claimed 3.9mm pressure @ 2000rpm)
2) 25mm spacer
3) Radiator
4) 40mm spacer
5) Pulling fan: Another CM Blademaster? Is this fan even meant for pulling air, or is it just meant for pushing?


From what I've read, the Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (1850rpm) only puts out around 2mm pressure. The engineers at CM seem to know what they are doing, and recommend the Blademaster as their push/pull setup. Are there any fans worth considering from another manufacturer? It's unfortunate that CM doesn't make a ball bearing, or 120x38mm version of the Blademaster...:(
 
The gentle typhoon ap-15's are king of low noise radiator fans. ap-14s don't even need fan controller to be very quiet.

I don't know where you read the 2mm on the ap-15s but the ap-15s have more static pressure than pretty much any other fan at the same rpm or noise level.

I use ap14s in push pull and they work fine.
 
The engineers at CM seem to know what they are doing, and recommend the Blademaster as their push/pull setup.

Kinda funny how coolermaster recommends the blademaster eh?

Then again, I've never heard of a Ford salesman recommending a Chevy.
 
Back
Top