Impressed with sveasoft

LoStMaTt

2[H]4U
Just wondering if anyone else uses Alchemy-Sveasoft for their WRT. I just got it running and now my whole house is accessible with an Excellent signal strength and full 54mbps just about everywhere. The extra features and WDS really make the WRT54G an awesome buy.

I just gotta say one thing, that's that I hope you didn't pay for it, because its free under the terms of the GPL.

It's kind of like running my own mini packeteer.

I love how my roommate can turn on bitTorrent with download/upload non-limited but my web browsing speeds don't even take a hit. It is very neat software indeed.

My roomate and I decided to put it on the router in our dorm room....wow
We used to not be able to take a laptop more than say 10 feet down our hallway (~50 feet long, all concrete walls) and get signal dropping left and right....

Well we install the sveasoft firmware, turn on the power....and walaaa we can connect to our wireless at full 54Mbit/s from everywhere on our floor except the bathroom
tongue.gif

preeetttyyy cool!

i wasn't too impressed with its routing capabilities. i flashed my v2.2 to alchemy pre7a, and the router could not handle the dozen or so torrents that i had going. i've never had a problem with my gentoo routerbox.

corebreach said:
I just gotta say one thing, that's that I hope you didn't pay for it, because its free under the terms of the GPL.

I used to use them but then they started charging for a free product. So now I use HyperWRT much better.

BriguyNJ said:
i wasn't too impressed with its routing capabilities. i flashed my v2.2 to alchemy pre7a, and the router could not handle the dozen or so torrents that i had going. i've never had a problem with my gentoo routerbox.

Any commercial home router would probably puke under those conditions. You run into problems when there are lots and lots of flows. Next time you do something like that run a program like tcpview to see just how many flows you are creating.

Back