Impressed by Razer's warranty

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, bought a Razer DA v.2 not long ago, about a month into usage the nylon braid sheath on the cord started wearing out really bad, end's splicing and nylon going everything, luckily I purchased it from the place that I worked at for that time being, so gave the warranty department just the mouse by itself, no box nothing.

They told me that ETA will depend whether it goes back to a supplier in another state for part replacement repairs, or it might go back overseas, the latter happened.

Received a call last week saying I can pickup my mouse (1 half months later) and I picked it up today and man I was surprised, not only did Razer repair the mouse, they gave me a complete brand new replacement with the original box unopened and everything inside it when I handed in the mouse by itself raw to warranty before the process, not only just a brand new replacement, they gave me a small standard sized Razer Goliathus speed mouse pad.

Although I have had many bad experiences with razer products (mainly headsets and keyboards) back around the time I registered on these boards and have heard con's about razer from other user's, am impressed with the way razer dealt with my warranty claim, or maybe I just got lucky?

Either way I will be selling the mouse and mousepad as I have gone back to my trusty, old and superior G9 mouse so I won't be needing this, but it's worth mentioning that I can recommend Razer to friends and family who may be interested in there products from this positive experience I've had with them. :p

Still remember a few month back my razer mouse broke down, and with the receipt I could request and RMA. After waiting for a month they send me a brandnew mouse! razer warrant is pretty awesome!

Great to hear! My experience with razer was alright, I ended up moving onto other mice/keyboards/headsets when my razer ones broke a few years back. Don't own any razer products anymore, but I'm interested in trying the new Deathadder.

Ok, bought a Razer DA v.2 not long ago, about a month into usage the nylon braid sheath on the cord started wearing out really bad, end's splicing and nylon going everything, luckily I purchased it from the place that I worked at for that time being, so gave the warranty department just the mouse by itself, no box nothing.

They told me that ETA will depend whether it goes back to a supplier in another state for part replacement repairs, or it might go back overseas, the latter happened.

Received a call last week saying I can pickup my mouse (1 half months later) and I picked it up today and man I was surprised, not only did Razer repair the mouse, they gave me a complete brand new replacement with the original box unopened and everything inside it when I handed in the mouse by itself raw to warranty before the process, not only just a brand new replacement, they gave me a small standard sized Razer Goliathus speed mouse pad.

Although I have had many bad experiences with razer products (mainly headsets and keyboards) back around the time I registered on these boards and have heard con's about razer from other user's, am impressed with the way razer dealt with my warranty claim, or maybe I just got lucky?

Either way I will be selling the mouse and mousepad as I have gone back to my trusty, old and superior G9 mouse so I won't be needing this, but it's worth mentioning that I can recommend Razer to friends and family who may be interested in there products from this positive experience I've had with them. :p

a month? Ugh. That's pretty terrible. Better than them telling me to go buy new mice due to "Abuse" twice (Dreaded multi-click syndrome)

From now on, I buy from best buy and abuse the 1yr Over-the-counter on logitech products (Canada only, I believe.)

Way easier. And worth the extra money, even though my discount helps a little.

a month? Ugh. That's pretty terrible. Better than them telling me to go buy new mice due to "Abuse" twice (Dreaded multi-click syndrome)

From now on, I buy from best buy and abuse the 1yr Over-the-counter on logitech products (Canada only, I believe.)

Way easier. And worth the extra money, even though my discount helps a little.

Yeh it took a while because when I lodged in the mouse at my warranty department, one of the worker's didn't send the mouse off and book in the process about 2-3 weeks later, until my manager saw it and asked him why my mouse was still sitting in the RMA shelf not sent off yet.

Back