Importing Movie, How to Perserve Audio.

abudhu

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello:

Since I am not the Biggest fan of the Star Wars SPECIAL Edition's or the Released DVD Versions with even more added scenes, I am converting my ORIGINAL VHS tapes to DVD.

However, the problem with Premiere, or Final Cut Pro (as I use them both (home/work)) is that they have a the little (sarcasm) problem of only being able to import 2 channel stero audio, which doesn't fly over so well with me when I am trying to preserve the dolby pro logic sound of the THX Certified VHS tapes.

So my question is simple.
How can I preserve the Dolby Pro Logic 5.1 Simulation Audio UPON Import, OR! If it is not possible, how can I re-export it as a Dolby Pro Logic 5.1 encoded Audio.

Note: I am aware Premiere Pro 1.5 (Which I use at Home) has the option to Export the audio as that, but it even for a $249 (Student Discount) ($700 normal) program they can't even give you the full feature plugin needed. The plug-in only allows for 3 exports using their software. Which, I don't want to waste if it won't do the job and do it right. The plug-in itself is a ShAt load of money and I don't have that much to waste anymore.

Anyone have any thoughts. And please, no thread crapping, I don't want to hear you tell me to just stomach the new scenes and what not.

Thanks

Back