Importing Latest Q5 30" IPS, Full spec. 26" IPS monitors....ect...CHEAP...

Number7

n00b
After wasting so many hours, I'm just sick of not finding the right monitor here in North American market. I realized that all the resonably-priced monitors are based on TN pannel, IPS panel monitors are too expensive, and there is no monitor that has input options I want. Now, how would you like monitors like this?:

26" H-IPS panel,
92% Color gaumet.
Input ports: D-Sub, HDMI, S-VHS, Component, Composite, DVI, RF-Antenna.
16:9, 4:3 aspect ratio support.
Built in HDTV tuner.
Buit in stereo spearks.
Tilt/Pivot/Swivel/Elevation stand.
Remote controller.
PIP, POP, PBP support.

2. Plain H-IPS monitor without extra functions(Like DS-263N) but cheaper.

30" latest generation(Q5)-IPS panel.
102% Color gaumet.
Input ports: DVI
Nothing fancy expect its Q5 Panel but it'll be CHEAP.

Of course, the price would be the important factor here, but I can't really comment on that because I need to calculate all the added costs to make it happen. What I'm sure at this point is that it'll be cheap. In other word, It'll have better price/performance ratio than DS-263N. Hell, if I want to bring a monitor like DS-263N, it'll be cheaper than what DS-263N costs now.

By now, you guys probably know what I'm talking about. I'm on my first step to start a imported monitor business. It's not easy as I thought but I'm working on it. Beside all the import related matters that matters, the hardest part of all is offering these monitors at cheapest possible price. In order to do so, for now, I need to know how many possible cutomers I'll have. At this point, I can only start a business once I have an idea about that. In other words, I gotta play supply/deman game.

If you're interested or have any suggestions, please let me know.

Also, for now, I'll only deal with x-IPS panel monitors.

Sounds pretty ambitious but it could be a great thing. I just ordered a DS-263N tonight, and I'm excited to get some IPS love after playing on this 22" Gateway, which is nice but I want to see what IPS is about. :D

Based upon the fact that nobody can keep the Doublesight in stock for more than a few hours, I suspect that you'd have quite a few customers if you can successfully pull this off.

I would be in on this. Are you talking Korean displays?

Do you think you could realistically pull this of in the next two months? I want to get a new monitor by september.

There is a very successful site that started doing this for headphones and now a lot of other stuff, most or all from Japan.

www.audiocubes.com

I would be in on this. Are you talking Korean displays?

Do you think you could realistically pull this of in the next two months? I want to get a new monitor by september.

There is a very successful site that started doing this for headphones and now a lot of other stuff, most or all from Japan.

www.audiocubes.com

Yes, Within two month, I'll have products shipped here in North America. My attempt may work or not, but within that time-frame, you will have your answer.

P.S: Yup, I'm talking about Korean displays.

If this is legit i wouldn't mind getting that 30 incher. What exactly is a Q5 panal tho?

I trolled this forum for months reading up on everyone's experiences with 24" monitors and made the bonehead move of not investigating what I was using already in my 20" widescreen.

I pulled the trigger on the Dell 2408WFP and was thoroughly disappointed. I couldn't figure out how come I couldn't get it looking as good as my 2005FPW that I never touched the settings on ever. Answer - the 2005FPW is a S-IPS panel. I could read and read and read but I'd never have known how much more superior S-IPS is over PVA or TN until I saw it firsthand. I've ordered the DS-263N tonight as well.

If you pull this off I'd certainly be interested in your inventory for any future LCD I made. It's been a frustrating and disappointing week but I learned a valuable lesson. IPS rules them all.

totally in for 1.

i wanted to by pass the whole dog and pony show myself and find a korean estore that will ship here and just buy myself a good 26 IPS panel or maybe something bigger.

some good points here, like the dead pixel policy. listen, as much as i want to say go for it, i have to say be sure you know what your doing.
there was a guy here who was selling AMD opterons for cheap for a while, he even opened his own store, had a wife and a newborn, at one point AMD slashed prices and i think he was burned. he couldnt lower his prices. I might not have the whole story, but its kinda what i remember. this is when Opty was king.

as a possible alternative, if we can gather enough [H] people to sign up for one particular model, then do a bulk shipment and do some arrangemt with the manufacturer, then maybe. it could be safer
Warranty is a big part any which way you look at it. Just one screen that has to be shipped back can cause havoc.

id definatly be interested. i want to replace my FW900 with a highend lcd.

Something using the 24"WS LG.Philips H-IPS A-TW Pol (LM240WU2) panel would attract my standard gamut sensibilities. If you could find a 2490-like monitor for less than 72% of it's cost gamut, I'm all over it. That's my demand, standard gamut H-IPS or I'll pout all weekend.

Sounds good to me. I couldn't care less about the audio or cupholders or whatnot. I just want a big, quality display at a reasonable price. Be sure you have all the bases covered before you move forward, though.

As I said before, you United statetesians buy monitors cheaply compared to their cost in Europe, still you complain :) But I there is always a space for competition :)
Well, the EU Comission wants to pass some more directions to simplify on-line shopping in EU, that could lower the prices a bit :)

Good luck setting this up. If it all works out and people post here with positive comments, I would probably consider making a purchase through you as well.

Im interested in this

could we have some links to what we could be buying?

I know that the electronics market in korea is pretty serious

lots of competition and choice

After wasting so many hours, I'm just sick of not finding the right monitor here in North American market. I realized that all the resonably-priced monitors are based on TN pannel, IPS panel monitors are too expensive, and there is no monitor that has input options I want. Now, how would you like monitors like this?:

26" H-IPS panel,
92% Color gaumet.
Input ports: D-Sub, HDMI, S-VHS, Component, Composite, DVI, RF-Antenna.
16:9, 4:3 aspect ratio support.
Built in HDTV tuner.
Buit in stereo spearks.
Tilt/Pivot/Swivel/Elevation stand.
Remote controller.
PIP, POP, PBP support.

We have a winner, assuming good input lag.

I'm interested in this, but probably not until Christmas. I'd actually like a larger screen without a significantly increased resolution... something 1080p in a 26/27" screen would be great, imo. I have a 21" gateway monitor that's a S-PVA panel, and I've seen quite a few TN panels since and they don't measure up.

The reasoning for the larger screen without the larger resolution is for gaming... I don't need higher res, that just makes the video card upgrade curve more expensive.

Back