Importing AOL 3 E-Mail to AOL 9

nb-

n00b
Hi,

I am stuck at the moment, a friend of mine has bought a new computer, with aol 9.0, and wants to import his old e-mail from AOL 3 off of his old one, he has the files on CD, and from what i can see AOL 3 stored his e-mail in a .er file which is essentially a giant text file. Unfortunately, i cant find any way of importing them into AOL 9, and google ahs been less than helpful.

Anyone have any ideas which dont involve installing AOL 3?

nb- said:
Hi,

I am stuck at the moment, a friend of mine has bought a new computer, with aol 9.0, and wants to import his old e-mail from AOL 3 off of his old one, he has the files on CD, and from what i can see AOL 3 stored his e-mail in a .er file which is essentially a giant text file. Unfortunately, i cant find any way of importing them into AOL 9, and google ahs been less than helpful.

Anyone have any ideas which dont involve installing AOL 3?

Here's the first thing that comes into my head: upgrade AOL on his old comp, version by version, until you reach something that you can import into AOL 9. I know, it sounds rough, but that's my initial reaction.

i think aol keeps all their stuff online rather than on your computer... so ur friend can just log in on aol9.0 and see it.. i could be very wrong ;p

or just email it to himself ;x

todlerix said:
i think aol keeps all their stuff online rather than on your computer... so ur friend can just log in on aol9.0 and see it.. i could be very wrong ;p

IIRC they don't keep emails online.

evildre said:
Here's the first thing that comes into my head: upgrade AOL on his old comp, version by version, until you reach something that you can import into AOL 9. I know, it sounds rough, but that's my initial reaction.

That though crossed my mind to, but unfortunatly the old computer is no more, all i have is the files, so thats not an option.

todlerix said:

Problem 1, there are hundreds of them, and problem 2 - aol dosent keep all its e-mails on line. :(.

The non-ideal solution i have been thinking of is seeing if somthing like thunderbird can import the old e-mails.

Back