Import ova error

Modus

Weaksauce
I have exported several vm's from xenserver 6.5, when i attempt to deploy them to vsphere I get

Could not parse the document: 'encoding specified in XML declaration is incorrect".

Any of you guys come across this error before?

Last edited:
Sounds like the XML file is missing some information in it. I have seen similar things when trying to move VMs from a P2V using a third party utility. I ended up using the VCenter Standalone Converter.

The converter doesn't support the ova file type which is the format xenserver exported them in

Last edited:
In my case, I used the converter to convert the physical computer I was trying to convert.

I finally got around this, I encountered many other errors along the way. After 3 1/2 days I'm glad its all over now :)

Thanks for letting us know the resolution!

Sorry:D I actually wrote about the whole project extensively on my blog. The short answer is I used various versions of the vCenter converter, in certain situations I installed the vCenter converter on the VM in order to convert it.

Iopoetve is correct. He let the VCenter Converter treat the VM as a physical pc. The converter created the VM vmdk, vmx file, etc. just like importing an OVA file would.

Back