Immortals of Aveum

the muscular female reminds me of the character from Last of Us: Part 2 (Abby?)...I'm also not sure if the character is supposed to be male as the other characters refer to 'her' with male pronouns

The 'General' is loosely based off a Studio dev,that chopped his junk off during the games making,not one but two. The game has a second character based off a 2nd trans man who chopped his junk off,both activists who work for the place still.

I'm also not sure if the character is supposed to be male as the other characters refer to 'her' with male pronouns
Can anyone confirm this? Sir is not a male pronoun it is used in many fiction to refer to female officers, is there any other evidence that the character is supposed to be male or trans?

Call me a bigot but I'm not going to support a game pushing a trans agenda, if it's just supposed to be a muscular female, that's fine.

The 'General' is loosely based off a Studio dev,that chopped his junk off during the games making,not one but two. The game has a second character based off a 2nd trans man who chopped his junk off,both activists who work for the place still.

Can anyone confirm this? Sir is not a male pronoun it is used in many fiction to refer to female officers, is there any other evidence that the character is supposed to be male or trans?

Yeah, I read that, but without sources I'm not sure if it is factual or made up. It wouldn't be the first time fake news is spread around. They said the same thing about TLOU2 at some point. Also more recently about the Fable game.

UE5 is no joke. At least the VRAM usage isn't terrible - 8.4GB @ 2160p

1693352348073.png

1693352374122.png

1693352396619.png

This game is getting some pretty good reviews there definitely is something there. Maybe

Update #3- Fixes to DLSS and Visuals

Hey Battlemages,

Our third update goes live Monday the 11th across PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S, so please check out the release notes below. We continue to work to make Immortals of Aveum™ the best game it can be and we appreciate everyone who has taken the time to play, share their feedback, and send in bug reports.

Key Fixes:

-Addressed DLSS compatibility issue causing blurriness for some users on PC
-Addressed DLSS ghosting that was caused when Frame Generation is on
-Fixed an issue where DLSS settings would not apply properly on game launch for PC
-Improved Upscaling for better image fidelity on consoles
-Addressed an issue with Dynamic Shader Branching, improving performance on console and PC
-Various Memory optimizations on console and PC

General:

-Fixed minor bugs and progression issues
-Minor visual improvements and fixes throughout the game

https://www.ea.com/games/immortals-of-aveum/immortals-of-aveum/news/update3?isLocalized=true

Immortals of Aveum studio lays off nearly half its staff less than a month after releasing the game

Just a few weeks after the release of its debut game Immortals of Aveum, Ascendant Studios has laid off nearly half its staff...the actual number of employees impacted by the layoffs wasn't confirmed, but Ascendant said in April 2023 that it had grown to more than 100 people since its founding in 2018...according to a Polygon report, roughly 40 people were let go...one former employee told the site that poor sales of Immortals of Aveum was cited as the reason for cuts...

https://www.polygon.com/23873880/immortals-of-aveum-studio-layoff

Immortals of Aveum studio lays off nearly half its staff less than a month after releasing the game

Just a few weeks after the release of its debut game Immortals of Aveum, Ascendant Studios has laid off nearly half its staff...the actual number of employees impacted by the layoffs wasn't confirmed, but Ascendant said in April 2023 that it had grown to more than 100 people since its founding in 2018...according to a Polygon report, roughly 40 people were let go...one former employee told the site that poor sales of Immortals of Aveum was cited as the reason for cuts...

As with every other time this happens: It's not unusual for workforce changes to happen after a project is completed, especially with large publishers like EA. Polygon and Kotaku are always actively searching for hearsay stories to push for unionization in the game industry.

As with every other time this happens: It's not unusual for workforce changes to happen after a project is completed, especially with large publishers like EA. Polygon and Kotaku are always actively searching for hearsay stories to push for unionization in the game industry.

I don't think this has anything to do with Kotaku and Polygon pushing an agenda...the article even says: "one former employee told the site that poor sales of Immortals of Aveum was cited as the reason for cuts"

sounds like poor sales had more to do with it than 'normal workforce changes' after a game is completed

At least the studio didn't shut down like with the LOTR Gollum game. You probably had like a dozen people actually doing the work and like the other 88 people just tagged along collecting stuffed animals and Valari pillows. I would love to get into game development but I know it's way over my head I would just need to join a studio been doing some 3-D modeling in Blender but nothing you could use for an actual game. It's like when a social media influncer gets into game development they usually don't have much input because they can't do anything productive.

FSR3 is coming to the game, which will make it the first to have a direct comparison to DLSS Frame Generation. Unfortunately the frame gen implementation in this game was shipped broken, and I don't know if they ever fixed it. I know patch 3 fixed visual bugs with frame gen, but I don't know about the performance aspect. I wanted to come back to this game, anyway, so I'll find out.

Immortals of Aveum is Upgrading to Unreal Engine 5.2

The title is currently running in version 5.1 of Epic's game engine, and the studio has now revealed its plan to upgrade to version 5.2, which will offer visual and performance improvements across the board...in a blog post, the studio reveals that the team intends to improve "lighting detail around characters and visual fidelity of animations" through Lumen...in addition, by upgrading Nanite, the studio aims to "enhance overall game visuals as well as faster geometry calculations that can help further reduce pop in"...

https://ascendantstudios.com/2023/10/03/immortals-of-aveum-is-upgrading-to-unreal-engine-5-2/

Update 1.0.6.0 & Free Trial/Demo

-We’ve added New Game+ as an option to begin a new playthrough while preserving key progression features

-We’ve added the new “Grand Magnus” game difficulty option that provides players with tougher combat challenges throughout the game

-On PC, we’ve added an option to turn off mouse smoothing which can help improve the feel of high DPI mice
-Added FPS cap on PC

full patch notes at link...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2009100/view/6966567177511479232

Immortals of Aveum, the recent first-person magic shooter, is likely coming to Xbox Game Pass and PS Plus at some point...in addition CEO of development studio Ascendant Studios, Bret Robbins also shared that a major price cut for the game is inbound to boost sales

“We’re also going to have a big reduction, a half-off sale, and things like that so that hopefully will help people too"...

https://www.windowscentral.com/gami...aunch-layoffs-future-plans-and-xbox-game-pass

Black Friday has it slashed down by 50 percent across the boards. Good enough for me. I'm in. The game has enough going for it I know I will get what I want from it.
Just pick up Witchfire on Epic instead way better reviews plus it's cheaper.

Just pick up Witchfire on Epic instead way better reviews plus it's cheaper.

I'll look into it.

EDIT: I changed my mind. I'm still not sold on this Aveum game all told. I almost bit but I can't make myself do it.

Last edited:
This game has a Demo on PS5 and Steam right now file size isn't bad.
The actual game is 70+ gigs so you can't upgrade to full if you just wanted to but the game is 29.99 right now.

This game has a Demo on PS5 and Steam right now file size isn't bad.
The actual game is 70+ gigs so you can't upgrade to full if you just wanted to but the game is 29.99 right now.

I will always give a salute for a free demo. At that point no one has anything to lose and why not try it?

Good Kooky Story but Gameplay sucks

20231209100141_1.jpg

My character was calling her Sir

20231209100555_1.jpg

Gameplay Meh I liked Forspoken better you can jump around like mad Kazoomas with Frey from Forspoken this game you just move fast.

20231209093836_1.jpg

This is your Friends for about 15 minutes in the demo climbing a metal chain that goes up and down.

Last edited:
Did the game ever upgrade to 5.2? I tried googling it and I see no mention of it other than the original announcement.

On to Chapter 4 in this game and honestly, am not sure about the negative reviews. The game world is interesting and original enough. Compared to Ghostwire Tokyo, I find this a better one in terms of graphics, gunplay, environments and general storyline. Also plays a bit like Doom 2016. Yes, I roll my eyes everytime the person calls the lady general a "sir" and some of the dialog is borderline cringe at the beginning but as the game is moving on it is fine. Especially compared to some other games like Atomic Heart, this one is definitely less annoying. I gave up on Atomic Heart and even Deathloop because the gameplay wasn't compelling. But 1-2 hours in I am finding this one as one to finish. For 16 bucks all in can't complain tbh.

P.S. Disable frame gen or game will crash a lot.

I want the Steam version so I'm more inclined to play it. Download is huge ok it's not that big 56 gigs just picked up the Steam dlx version.

Last edited:
Damn the game kept my Save File from the Demo saves me about 45 minutes or more.

Update: I refunded it game irs like the Conduit for the Nintendo Wii but the Puke version.
Good looking game but the colors and lighting just show off the capabilities of the art team. Gameplay leaves something to be desired it's in your face puke.
The only good part of the game is the story and bosses.

Last edited:
I am enjoying the game. It is a bit too long but can’t complain too much for 16 bucks.

Hit chapter 13 and will see it through soon enough. Maybe even today if I am in the mood.

For me, this game is better than Atomic Heart and other garbage that has come out recently like Trepang2.

Gameplay with spells and shit is well done and there is sufficient variety in enemies, bosses, environments and powers without becoming overwhelming.

It’s a brain dead shooter that is not going to win many awards but is a great effort for what it is.

Back