Immediate help please

Ok, Im having an issue with a clients computer that i need resolved as quickly as possible. He requested that i come over to reroute the case wires. Nothing else. Thats all I have done up to this point. The problem is, when i finished routing the fan/psu wiring, the Optical drives would lock up the computer at the "detecting IDE devices". I know its the optical drives, because without them plugged into the motherboard, the system boots up normally, without an issue of any kind.

Im thinking somehow, something i did shorted out the opticals. I dont see how that could happen, since i didnt do anything other than unplug the drives, then plugged them back in, but something happened. I was using anti-static gloves the entire time. Help is appreciated in advance.

Can you just replace the IDE cable to the optical drive(s)? You carry spares, right? :)

Yeah, i have three spares, tried all three, and still have the same issue, hangups at 'detecting IDE devices'

I dont know what i did, but i checked it again, swapped cables back to just a random i pulled from my bag, and they are working again. Thanks for looking if you did. Im set now.

Im havin a simmilar problem here.. im revamping my sisters old eMchines case and replaceing all the guts. Ill make my own post tho.

Back